Author Topic: chimp victim awakes and does not remember the attack  (Read 878 times)

Barklessdog

• View Profile
chimp victim awakes and does not remember the attack
« on: May 09, 2009, 04:42:55 AM »
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30085885/
“The psychiatrist says she understands a lot about her injuries, but she’s not interested at this time to find out how they occurred,”

“Over the past ten days, Ms. Nash has made significant neurological and psychological improvement. She is now awake and is able to communicate with her family and caregivers. However, full cognitive recovery could take up to a year. As we have begun to communicate with her, it is clear that her injury has left her completely blind in both eyes, with no chance for improvement.”

They said she lost both hands, eyelids, upper & lower lips, majority of her facial bone structure and her eyesight. She communicates through a voice box. I also read she has a 17 year old daughter.

I have been watching the animal planet series "Escape To Chimp Eden" and there are instances where the chimps grab the shows main care givers through the bars and they got away in time, but the have the look of "horror" and make comments about messing their pants.

The main guy who runs the place, who goes in with the adults, seems to be courting disaster. He knows what can happen.

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
Re: chimp victim awakes and does not remember the attack
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2009, 10:37:41 AM »
I fully agree with you John...

All the larger primates are exceptionally strong, by comparison to us. It would be no problem for a chimp to rip your arm straight out of it's socket - they have been known to hunt down their own kind and, when caught, tear them to pieces and eat the remains...

They are not cuddly animals... I have handled smaller primates but I would not like to be cornered by a chimp...
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2009, 04:14:21 PM »
 I don't think I would want to wake up.
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

Barklessdog

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2009, 05:14:44 AM »
People like this are the problem
It's not the chimp talking that is scary

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4Z0xn4pYSY&feature=related

Barklessdog

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2009, 05:27:04 AM »
A chimp attack that the victim was lucky. The owner gets him off the other man and comforts him with som Haggan Das Ice cream

Freuds_Cat

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2009, 05:30:29 AM »
We had an Orangutan escape from our Zoo on Mothers day. I walk past this Zoo on my way to work each day.

AN ingenious 62 kilogram orangutan short circuited electrical wires and climbed a fence using a makeshift ladder in an aborted escape attempt from Adelaide Zoo today.

The elaborate plot by 27-year-old Karta got her to within metres of the public, and resulted in the closure of the zoo on one of its busiest days of the year.

The alarm was raised by a member of the public about 11am.

Zoo curator Peter Whitehead said Karta had twisted a stick into hot wires that encircled her enclosure, short circuiting the wires and allowing her to enter a vegetated area near the concrete and glass fence that separated her from the public.

She then piled up sticks, grass and plant roots and used them to climb onto the fence.

Digresion our specialty!