Author Topic: Well, my band had its first "opener for a big band" gig.  (Read 1127 times)

Blazer

Well, my band had its first "opener for a big band" gig.
« on: March 20, 2009, 07:03:12 PM »
And we opened for Vengeance

We had high hopes for this one, being fans of the band and such and that we would have a full house to play. Vengeance is a band with a huge following so a sold out venue would have been a guarantee...

Alas, guess which band also played that very same day?

Everybody that promised to attend the gig that would be our break canceled because that band from down under would be playing and if offered a choice between attending a gig from your friends and going to see one of the biggest rock bands on the planet what would you have chosen?

Anyway, regardless of the lack of a sizable audience we did play and gave it 200% and people loved it.

But still, playing a sold out venue would have been nice too...

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
Re: Well, my band had its first "opener for a big band" gig.
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2009, 05:55:20 AM »
That's a pity, Blazer, but I hope you had a nice gig.

My band openend for some quite famous Dutch bands too (Johan, Daryll-Ann, Supersub, Voicst, Ellen ten Damme, De Dijk, and several foreign bands) and it's always nice to play for a lot of people who like your style of music, but who don't know you.

Once we cancelled a very well paid gig to play for free as support of one of our favourite bands, Daryll-Ann. With this band, De Dijk, Johan and Ellen ten Damme we played for sold out venues which is great!

I'll do a big gig with De Dijk with my other band soon!

Blazer

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2009, 07:58:05 AM »
Here's pictures of the gig itself.

My Younger brother "Black art" on the bass.

Caveman pounding some skins.

Beatings.

Jack T and yours truly riffing.

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2009, 11:10:31 AM »
Congrats... - all sounds nice and "CHUNGA-CHUNGA" to meee...

Not aLOUD to play noisly with present band, but enjoy a good dose of IRON in my diet from time to time...  :mrgreen:

On a sub note - have I started something with my Emu mutating into a deranged alcohol imbibing North American tree dwelling rodent (Uwe and Doug...!) - gonna have to change the name... hmm... I know...! may have to shorten it if it causes any confusion...

Nearly forgot, Wouter, I DID give up a gig for a buddy's 18th, I distinctly remember saying that I'd see them on the next tour, and gave the ticket to an unemployed friend, with the proviso that he got me a prog and badge... so I never got to see Randy Rhodes play...
Last saw AC/DC in the eighties, but I was lucky enough to have seen Bon Scott on the "Highway..." tour. Still rate "Hells Bells" as the last great album they produced (not wishing to introduce any controvesy here...  ;))

So, some more info on how the night went from you would be nice, Mr Jaegers, please...
« Last Edit: March 21, 2009, 11:28:18 AM by Slàinte mhor a h-uile là a chi 's nach fhaic...! »
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2009, 12:12:42 PM »
I have no idea what other band that might be.  The guy in front looks like a demented leprechaun.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2009, 12:16:05 PM »
Vengeance was a famous Dutch band like 20 years ago. And now they're back.. ...with a...

Rhythm N. Bliss

• Steiny Spirit Mon
    • View Profile
    • MySpace:
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2009, 01:05:43 PM »
Congratulations, Blazer!  8)
I'm like your METAL!