Author Topic: A public apology.  (Read 3073 times)

Freuds_Cat

• View Profile
Re: A public apology.
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2009, 05:06:30 AM »
OK as you will hear I am about as good at slapping as a dingo is at baby care but sometimes you just get those stupid things that keep sticking their heads up when you are noodling and annoy the hell out of you.
I've found that the best thing to do is to record the bastards and suddenly... they are excorsised.
In fact I had forgotten all about this  thing until Uwe lifted the fusion/slap ban.(*Edit: Tongue firmly in cheek)

Its not a song its just a very annoying idea.  Enjoy.  :)

« Last Edit: March 19, 2009, 05:16:54 PM by Freuds_Cat »
Digresion our specialty!

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2009, 06:58:53 AM »
Fusion/slap ban lifted? I dearly hope that no one thought anything of the like ever existed here. There is no forum Gestapo and fusion/slap is not thought-, ear- or playcrime. Dave doesn't mince words ("wanking") about some of his more, errrm, vocal concerns regarding music played with technical prowess (Albert Lee excepted however!), but by all means, if jazz rock means something to you, don't go into hiding here. Yes, you will meet ignorance and ridicule or just plain different tastes, but that shouldn't deter you just like the non-fusionists here need to accept that some people enjoy what they despise.

I despised fusion as a teenager. But then I heard the Ian Gillan Band's Clear Air Turbulence and after being aghast initially, I caught on to it. These days I can sing along to Suzi Quatro blaring from my car stereo and follow that CD by the new Return to Forever Reunion Live album. No, I can't sing along to that and some of it is indeed "wanking" (a tried and trusted male pastime after all, that can brighten up a day at least momentarily) but I meanwhile extract enjoyment from someone wielding his bass in a more athletic way. Stanley Clarke doesn't touch me, but his over the top playing can draw an appreciative smile on my face. I have no inclination (or talent) to compete, but I can listen to a CD of it.

Uwe
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2009, 09:11:50 AM »
Some people no doubt hate some of the music I love, and vice versa.

One disturbing thing I've noticed about guitar related forums over the years is that some people just don't understand that their own tastes aren't universal. What you think is good isn't objectively good, it's your taste.

I may post videos of what I like or talk about what I like, but it's intended for others who might like it, not to convince anyone else how good it is. If you know you don't like a certain kind of music or a certain artist, I'm not going to convince you by logic or by posting videos. It either touches you or it doesn't.

rockinrayduke

« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2009, 09:06:46 PM »
I'm cool.

;)

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2009, 04:34:31 PM »
Sometimes you just need to step back, take a deep breath and realize that when you bombard people with too much information, links, videos etc. it comes across as if you think you always know more than everybody else, even if you don't intend it that way.

oops... ;D

Am I allowed to take my copy of "School days" off eBay, too...?
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...