Author Topic: Electric trains...............  (Read 3103 times)

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
Re: Electric trains...............
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2009, 12:22:28 PM »

Here's some older shots I scanned at work this a.m., they're from MAINLINE MODELER magazine articles that I wrote...............back in the day  ;)

Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2009, 12:24:51 PM »
Amazing work, Mark.  I had to really look at those photos.  They do look almost real.  Last I had heard about Lionel and Young was that, aside from going bankrupt, Neil had gone back into R&D and let someone else hold the reins to the running of the company.
Telling tales of drunkenness and cruelty

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2009, 06:39:32 AM »
I can only see those pics now, some IT security thing we had with the roll out of our new software here.

Fräulein Rommel, those trains are verdammt spektakulär. Disconcertingly like the real thing. Kind of like you then.   :rimshot:

But have you noticed how Mark is kind of shy in revealing his other side with his fancy pants model train friends? What a missed chance of outing yourself as the world's only female model train fan. You could be their fetish Lokomotivführer.   ;)

We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

Barklessdog

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2009, 06:42:02 AM »
No painted nail in the pics??

What gives?

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2009, 10:37:47 AM »

Two sides of my life that will never meet...............
The model train community here would ostracize me rather quickly if they knew anything of my lifestyle, I saw it happen many times when I worked for a shop that did retail and mail order trains, so I keep these to parts of my life widely separated, oddly enough tho it's easier for me to admit being a drag queenie that a model railroader - which has an extremely high "dork factor".
 Uwe, you mention that your brother sells trains? does he keep a shop?   

I need to learn photoshop to add a little exhaust to this ;)
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

Lightyear

• Hey! You damn kids get off my *@%*~&# lawn!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2009, 07:18:28 PM »
No painted nail in the pics??

What gives?

You could maybe sneek in a bangly bracelet? ;D

Beautiful work Mark! 

We need to get you set up painting guitars and basses - your attention to detail would make for some killer paint jobs.  Plus this crowd wouldn't care if you dressed like Grace Jones or George Jones as long as the paint job was cool ;)