Author Topic: New Musicman basses  (Read 5107 times)

OldManC

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: New Musicman basses
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2009, 03:42:18 PM »
Damn, if I had moobs like that I wouldn't want to be advertising them by dressing as the latest member of the Village People!  :o

drbassman

• Gone but not forgotten
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2009, 05:06:12 AM »
I do like the one in the middle!  The Big Al is too much like an over-styled Jag bass for me.
I'm fixin' a hole where the rain gets in..........cuz I'm built for a kilt!

bdgotoh

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2009, 08:03:22 PM »
The Big Al is finally here and it sounds great.  It's heavier than I wanted at 9.7 lbs but balances well.  The neck feels exactly like a Sterling, very comfortable.  The controls are pretty interesting and not hard to figure out.  Like most other basses with complicated controls, there are 3-4 really great tones and a bunch of ok tones - the odd part is no one ever agrees which is which! 

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2009, 09:45:21 PM »
Congrats, Brad. If I had the money, that would be my next bass.

bdgotoh

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2009, 09:55:46 AM »
Thanks Dave.  I'm now waiting for them to start popping up used.  It'll probably take awhile but I'd like to snag one that's way under 9 lbs if possible.  It'll be interesting to see what they go for used. 

Blazer

« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2009, 05:15:54 PM »
Thanks Dave.  I'm now waiting for them to start popping up used.  It'll probably take awhile but I'd like to snag one that's way under 9 lbs if possible.  It'll be interesting to see what they go for used. 

I guess that Musicman will probably release them under their Sterling brand as well, they should be cheaper.

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2009, 07:27:14 PM »

I guess that Musicman will probably release them under their Sterling brand as well, they should be cheaper.

That's not likely to happen for years, if ever. Certainly not for a new model.

If the Albert Lee sig guitar is ever released as a Sterling By MM model, then you might see the bass.