Author Topic: Need pix of the brothers!  (Read 139286 times)

exiledarchangel

• I like big necks and I cannot lie
    • View Profile
Re: Need pix of the brothers!
« Reply #120 on: February 15, 2009, 06:11:56 AM »
throtling my eb4l in the band rotunda at island bay wellington nz on saturday.first outing for my ampeg preamp/holden wasp 200w valve amp rig...nasty!

What's that 4x10" cab? Behringer with alu drivers?
Music was better when ugly people were allowed to make it.

rockinrayduke

« Reply #121 on: February 15, 2009, 10:02:47 AM »
Hartke, isn't it?

clankenstein

• Never Gutless!
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 15, 2009, 12:23:55 PM »
yes its a hartke transporter 4x10,the 15 inch cab under it is not hooked up its just holding the 4x10 up.i had a post amp di to the p.a. which helped but im building a cab for my e145 because although the low end from my eb4l is terrifying inside, outside on that stage it dissapeared a bit.
Louder bass!.

clankenstein

• Never Gutless!
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 15, 2009, 12:34:38 PM »
.im playing my eb2 at party in otaki, a beach town north of wellington.trace elliot v4 200watt tube amp and 2 4x10 cabs-sufficient.]
« Last Edit: February 15, 2009, 04:27:41 PM by tubehead »
Louder bass!.

Freuds_Cat

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 15, 2009, 08:14:50 PM »
Hey Tubehead, is that a Seymour Duncan Biamp8000 on its side there?
Digresion our specialty!

clankenstein

• Never Gutless!
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 15, 2009, 10:13:02 PM »
sure is .it was on standby in case i melted the  trace elliot.
Louder bass!.

Freuds_Cat

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 15, 2009, 10:37:34 PM »
I picked one of them up very cheap a few weeks ago.  Great little standby amp.
Digresion our specialty!

neepheid

• View Profile
    • The Inevitable Teaspoons
« Reply #127 on: February 10, 2011, 09:57:51 AM »
There doesn't seem to be a specific place to say hello here, so I thought I'd do a thread resurrection :)

I'm Matt, from Scotland.  At the moment my Gibson family consists of a 1978 G-3, a 1981 Victory Artist and an Epiphone Les Paul Standard (EMG-ified)

This thread's for pics:

Basses: Epi JC Sig 20th Anniversary - Epi Les Paul Standard - Epi Korina Explorer - G&L CLF L-1000 - G&L Tribute LB-100 - Sire D5 - Reverend Triad - Harley Benton HB-50
Band: The Inevitable Teaspoons

Nocturnal

• View Profile
    • Myspace page
« Reply #128 on: February 10, 2011, 10:33:08 AM »
Welcome to the Outpost!
TWINKLE TWINKLE LITTLE BAT
HOW I WONDER WHAT YOU'RE AT

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #129 on: February 10, 2011, 10:41:43 AM »
 Matt, Welcome aboard!  Excellent another Gibson player !
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

sniper

• one bark....one kill....got mud?
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 10, 2011, 10:46:44 AM »

a few years ago

the other fun thing i do

my great great grandfather during THE war stationed in Wallace Idaho as THE war was basically a white mans war and gramps was all Cherokee and us indins guarded the forts while the white boys fought

me and one fifth of my favorite daughters (actually one fifth and two thirds as Christin is 6 months pregers here) and i had breakfast with 14 lesbians that night, really!

i call this one "Luke, I am your father". i removed most of the moles so i would stop scaring the hell out of little children.

« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 11:06:54 AM by sniper »
I can be true to you sweety until I find a nice medium scale with great breasts. ... CW

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 10, 2011, 11:23:40 AM »
Ein Schotte!!! Willkommen, you direct descendant of Mary Stuart!

Do you tend to write longish, stream of consciousness posts? Or short ones that are still difficult to understand? Some of your countrymen do, but I'm not giving away names, that I kennot do.  :-X :-X :-X

It's a pleasure to have someone here who - unlike most of us, see the pictorial evidence in the above post -has not served in the American Civil War and/or breathes like Darth Vader.

No pic of the Vic, Matt, how come? G-3 is a good choice, a very snappy member of the family with quite some versatility. And what didn't you like about the original Epi pups in your Epi LP?

Uwe
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 11:28:52 AM by uwe »
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

Droombolus

• Younger Old Fart
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 10, 2011, 11:50:28 AM »
Rehearsing the bass lines for Moby Grape's Mr.Blues in the ol' home studio last summer ........ Recording tracks for the Grape's 7th ( I believe ) fan tribute .....

And for some Gibbie content ......... somewhere June 2009 .....

« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 11:57:32 AM by Droombolus »
Experience is the ultimate teacher

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 10, 2011, 11:57:34 AM »
Incidentally, still wearing those Terrycloth tops today, huh?

« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 12:07:22 PM by uwe »
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

neepheid

• View Profile
    • The Inevitable Teaspoons
« Reply #134 on: February 10, 2011, 12:12:09 PM »
Ein Schotte!!! Willkommen, you direct descendant of Mary Stuart!

Do you tend to write longish, stream of consciousness posts? Or short ones that are still difficult to understand? Some of your countrymen do, but I'm not giving away names, that I kennot do.  :-X :-X :-X

It's a pleasure to have someone here who - unlike most of us, see the pictorial evidence in the above post -has not served in the American Civil War and/or breathes like Darth Vader.

No pic of the Vic, Matt, how come? G-3 is a good choice, a very snappy member of the family with quite some versatility. And what didn't you like about the original Epi pups in your Epi LP?

Uwe

Hi Uwe (and thanks folks for the other welcome messages)

I've got no "action" pics of the Victory yet as I've only had it (back) for a couple of weeks!  It has been an ongoing restoration project since last year, but the weather got in the way of refinishing.  The full story can be seen here: http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=732644 but here is a quick pic of Excalibur:

As for the Epi, I bought it purely on looks but I found the sound rather thick and ill-defined, a bit mushy and uninspiring.  I decided to make a thoroughly modern sounding bass in a classic body.  So I fitted EMG-HB active pickups (like in a Steinberger) and fed that through an EMG-BQC 3-band EQ system.  I also fitted a pickup selector switch, because I found fiddling with volumes to manipulate pickups rather annoying.  The Epi had routing in the body up to the switch position, but no switch!  Long story short, I have now a Les Paul bass which I believe is superior to the "grown up" Gibson variety in terms of both looks (love that flowerpot headstock) and functionality (22 frets).  This is it as it is now (live pic had no selector switch)

Good to be here.  I am always on the lookout for interesting Gibson basses, I love their quirkiness, and frankly I love the fact that they're not Fenders ;)
Basses: Epi JC Sig 20th Anniversary - Epi Les Paul Standard - Epi Korina Explorer - G&L CLF L-1000 - G&L Tribute LB-100 - Sire D5 - Reverend Triad - Harley Benton HB-50
Band: The Inevitable Teaspoons