Author Topic: PLEASE!!! I need 4 UNFILED UNOTCHED 60's Thunderbird bass bridge saddles!!!  (Read 1416 times)

Bionic-Joe

• View Profile
Can anyone here help??? I have a 1965 reverse thunderbird IV with nickel hardware. Have slots filed, maybe 1/32" deep. I am looking for a virgin set of 4 unnotched and unfiled, Nickel preferred but would take chrome. I know everyone here has spare parts. And for your information...I play my birds with a medium COOL pick and the strings NEVER ....NEVER, Ever slip off the smooth bridge saddles. I play metal by the way. Please help!! Thanks! Joe  :sad:

Basvarken

• Global Moderator
  • hobby luthier. gibson bass nerd
    • View Profile
    • www.enkoo.nl
The saddles of the bridge that is installed on the BaCHbird are unfiled.

BaCH had them tooled in Korea. The first series the Koreans made were filed/notched. So BaCH disapproved and told them to try again without the notches.

Guess they had no other option than to put that first notched series online for sale as a separate item.
But maybe if you ask BaCH for an unfiled/unnotched bridge (like the ones on the BaCHbird) they can help you out.

They are chromed by the way.

Bionic-Joe

• View Profile
Thanks but I don't know if those would work with my bridge. Do they have a website? I would prefer originals.

Bionic-Joe

• View Profile
I just saw Bach's webpage and those saddles are notched. Thanks anyway! I would have thought that with so many people unsatisfies with the intonation problem would have scrapped their old bridges for a replacement.

Basvarken

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • www.enkoo.nl
Like I said: the sadddles on the BaCHbird are not notched.

Bionic-Joe

• View Profile
Gotcha! I'll have to contact them. If they are the same dimensions with the threaded holes being inline with the originals, that will work.

Bionic-Joe

• View Profile
A Very Big Thank you to Mr. Kevin Borden for coming through for me!!! Thanks again!!! And the saddles are nickel!!!!! Yay!!!!!

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
I just saw Bach's webpage and those saddles are notched. Thanks anyway! I would have thought that with so many people unsatisfies with the intonation problem would have scrapped their old bridges for a replacement.
looks to me like there is more travel to both the treble side and the bass side. If I were vindictive i would say i smell copy right infringement .
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

Basvarken

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • www.enkoo.nl
Haha, yep you're right Scott ;)

Bionic-Joe

• View Profile
Hmmmmmm.....Yes, I see your point. The only bridges that kick ass to me are the originals and Scott's Badbird.