Author Topic: wicked bass, GMT  (Read 2075 times)

sniper

• one bark....one kill....got mud?
    • View Profile
wicked bass, GMT
« on: November 02, 2008, 02:48:47 AM »
this bass looks so wicked. check out the video on this link: "can't beat rock and roll"

http://www.myspace.com/gmtrocks

i can't seem to get the code right to imbed it, but it is the first video on this site.
I can be true to you sweety until I find a nice medium scale with great breasts. ... CW

Rhythm N. Bliss

• Steiny Spirit Mon
    • View Profile
    • MySpace:
Re: wicked bass, GMT
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2008, 03:25:39 AM »
Funny how you think it's wicked & I think it's goofy. hahaa

If ya want wicked get a Vampyre or a Moser Morpheus!!
...or  better yet, build one that's a cross between the 2!!

sniper

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2008, 03:45:11 AM »
i had the same thought when i first seen it also Terr.

turns out this guy (John McCoy) is the ex bassist for the band 'Gillan'  of Ian Gillan fame. more about McCoy:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_McCoy_(musician)

Gillan did vocals for a short period for 'Black Sabbath, lead singer for Deep Purple and the recording artist, did the first Andrew Lloyd Weber 'Jesus Christ Superstar' (album version). turns out he was offered the part in the film version but declined (the producers declined) because of conflicting dates with his band. Ian wanted the whole band payed because of the scheduling conflicts.

McCoy and Torme formed the band GMT which has seemed to catch on in Europe. i don't have thoughts on GMT but they hit hard and seem to have quite a long format artistically and historically.

maybe someone can post here some thoughts about GMT?

McCoy is also brother to Tommie Brewster whom i posted about yesterday in the "outpost cafe" along with a little note about Leo Lyons, bassist for Ten Years After.

check her out if you will, i think a lot of members passed her by when and if they read my post about her.
i know she can use the votes on reverbnation.

here is the link again:

http://www.reverbnation.com/tommiesingah

meanwhile i am going to check out GMT some more.

take care my friend,

cathousemouse (Bill)
« Last Edit: November 02, 2008, 03:51:45 AM by old puppy »
I can be true to you sweety until I find a nice medium scale with great breasts. ... CW

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2008, 06:04:43 AM »
That are real nice horns!

sniper

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2008, 09:07:59 AM »
i just got an email from Tommie. turns out that bass is the one he used when he had the band "Mammoth" and that is the reason for the horns. the band was originally called "Dinosaur" but turns out there was a band from L.A. that had that name so he changed it to Mammoth.

nofi

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2008, 05:17:54 PM »
i used to have a mamoth record. the band made bachman turner overdrive look skinny. hence the name?

sniper

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2008, 05:37:43 PM »
he looks like a BIG BOY .... if one was to bar b que him = bet there would be leftovers but, from the looks he might bar b que you if you tried. lol

gearHed289

• View Profile
    • Book of faces...
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2008, 10:13:42 AM »
i just got an email from Tommie. turns out that bass is the one he used when he had the band "Mammoth" and that is the reason for the horns. the band was originally called "Dinosaur" but turns out there was a band from L.A. that had that name so he changed it to Mammoth.

That's funny cause Mammoth was the name of pre-record deal Van Halen.

SKATE RAT

• too much chicken will make you blind.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2008, 07:52:17 PM »

when was this? i know the western Mass. band Dinosaur added jr. to their name 'cause of an other band with the same name.
'72 GIBSON SB-450, '74 UNIVOX HIGHFLYER, '75 FENDER P-BASS, '76 ARIA 4001, '76 GIBSON RIPPER, '77 GIBSON G-3, '78 GUILD B-301, '79 VANTAGE FLYING V BASS, '80's HONDO PROFESSIONAL II, '80's IBANEZ ROADSTAR II, '92 GIBSON LPB-1, 'XX WAR BASS, LTD VIPER 104, '01 GIBSON SG SPECIAL, RAT FUZZ AND TUBES

sniper

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2008, 08:51:51 PM »
i am not familiar with the history of John McCoy but i know you can google him. it has a small history there. and you might try the band Gillan. i looked at the wiki for a reference.

here is the link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_McCoy_(musician)
« Last Edit: November 03, 2008, 09:10:49 PM by old puppy »