Author Topic: New acoustic/electric from Sire  (Read 208 times)

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile

Alanko

• View Profile
Re: New acoustic/electric from Sire
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2024, 02:45:41 PM »
I've owned two Sire basses. Fretwork was brilliant on both, as was the electronics (pickups being a bit tame). The headstocks were very heavy on both, due to the dollar store tuners.

Dave W

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2024, 12:03:11 AM »
My older son bought a Sire last year as an emergency backup to his Sadowsky. He likes it.

Alanko

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2024, 02:45:48 AM »
I wouldn't be too surprised if the Sire basses and import Sadowsky Metro Express basses are coming from the same factories.

My second Sire bass was a P5R. A basic P Bass copy. The one weird thing was the roasted maple neck. It was dark brown, like it had been hit with walnut wood stain. Far darker than any torrified maple I've seen elsewhere. Even the budget brands like Harley Benton are using this supposedly roasted maple, but it is suspiciously dark.

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2024, 04:43:58 AM »
A lot is made by Cort.

Of course Warwick makes almost all Sadowsky's now, except for a handfull yearly from Roger himself. I think Sadowsky's are made in the Chinese Warwick factory, which is their own, if I'm right.

morrow

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2024, 05:48:17 AM »
I’ve read that Cort and Samick are the largest guitar manufacturers on the planet , but I’d think that it’s probably a Chinese company today.

gearHed289

• View Profile
    • Book of faces...
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2024, 08:19:24 AM »
Samick makes or made a lot of Ibanez stuff according to my friend who owned a mom and pop store for decades. I've got one of their mini P basses and an acoustic guitar. Fine stuff for the money, that's for sure.

Dave W

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2024, 08:30:14 AM »
I’ve read that Cort and Samick are the largest guitar manufacturers on the planet , but I’d think that it’s probably a Chinese company today.

Cort and Samick both own their own factories in China. They produce far more there than in Korea.

morrow

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2024, 09:01:57 AM »
And have Indonesian factories as well. They were having union problems for a while in Korea and simply moved production at one point. The Korean built instruments tend to be higher end these days.
And are well made.