Author Topic: New Article About Jack Bruce  (Read 1120 times)

westen44

• View Profile
It's not those who write the laws that have the greatest impact on society.  It's those who write the songs.

--Blaise Pascal

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
Re: New Article About Jack Bruce
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2023, 10:39:16 AM »
Nice article. Jack was great at being able to play lines that differed so much from his vocal lines.

westen44

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2023, 02:04:42 PM »
Nice article. Jack was great at being able to play lines that differed so much from his vocal lines.

That player I think from Texas you posted once; I think he may have been blind.  I'm not sure.  He is the only one who seemed to be so comfortable playing bass and singing at the same time as Jack was.  He was no Jack Bruce, but seemed to have been born singing and playing bass.  The effortlessness with which he did it was immediately obvious. 
It's not those who write the laws that have the greatest impact on society.  It's those who write the songs.

--Blaise Pascal

Dave W

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2023, 02:36:53 PM »
That player I think from Texas you posted once; I think he may have been blind.  I'm not sure.  He is the only one who seemed to be so comfortable playing bass and singing at the same time as Jack was.  He was no Jack Bruce, but seemed to have been born singing and playing bass.  The effortlessness with which he did it was immediately obvious.

Justin Trevino.

In most of the live videos of him on YT, he's playing guitar while singing, but here he's playing bass.

westen44

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2023, 05:30:11 PM »
I had forgotten that the video had Amber Digby in it.  She is one of the most underrated singers ever.  I love her. 

--Blaise Pascal

Dave W

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2023, 09:12:48 PM »
She and Randy Lindley, the guitar player, are now married.

westen44

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2023, 11:48:24 PM »
I hope their band is successful.  She deserves it. 

--Blaise Pascal

Dave W

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2023, 03:03:30 PM »
I don't see her gigging as much these days as she used to. Maybe b/c she's a mommy in her 40s. She's also a certified EMT. But when she does perform, she still has a devoted following.

westen44

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2023, 07:55:11 AM »
it's good to hear that she still does have a devoted following, even if it's not quite what it should be.  Her talent is unique. 

--Blaise Pascal