Author Topic: Better than an IUD?  (Read 422 times)

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
Better than an IUD?
« on: February 09, 2023, 10:20:13 PM »

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
Re: Better than an IUD?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2023, 06:53:51 AM »
"The music of Rush is marked by erratic signature changes, unconventional chord structures, heavy use of synthesizers and electronic effects, and, most importantly, lead vocals that sound like an ancient witch is being exorcised out of your body with live wires. In less clinical terms, imagine taking the most annoying parts of science fiction and Libertarianism, isolating them, and then somehow blending them up into a cursed musical slurry. Then, infuse that slurry with a distinctive incel vibe, and presto! You’ve got one of the most powerful contraception options on the market."

I respect Rush ('like' is too strong a word perhaps), but, LOL, that just sums them up perfectly. And, yes, their music is totally unerotic, I don't believe a single Rush member would argue with that. I've also never met a woman who has reacted to Geddy's voice with anything but frank bemusement. Note to self: Most women don't like men to have voices higher than their own. And - this will please Rob to hear - whenever I put on Thin Lizzy, my wive invariably says about Lynott's baritone: "He's not a great singer, but he sounds real good. No screaming and yelping either."

Wait, there was an exception! My wife's daughter had a worrisome Rush & Dream Theater phase as a teenager. But she valiantly overcame the condition and today as a 30+ year old freely admits: "I only liked them at the time to be different from what the other girls liked. And I guess it caught attention from the guys." (She's meanwhile married - to a, yes, Tool fan - and matured to K-pop so all is well, no permanent damage.)

"About 30 seconds into the melodic meandering and feral-cat-being-threatened-by-a-raccoon vocals, a woman will experience a complete and total shut down of her sex drive. At this point, her legs will snap shut with the spring tension of a bear trap, making intercourse all but impossible."

:rimshot: :rimshot: :rimshot:
« Last Edit: February 10, 2023, 07:07:16 AM by uwe »
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

gearHed289

• View Profile
    • Book of faces...
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2023, 07:50:02 AM »
As a fan for 44 years (well, mainly during the Terry Brown era), I find this hilarious! It's funny cause it's true as they say.  ;D I would have gotten a lot more action (or any at all) during high school if I had been into AC/DC and the Stones. But NO, I had to discover Yes and Rush and all that other nerd music. I got extraordinarily lucky and found a pretty prog girl to spend the rest of my life with.

patman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2023, 10:48:44 AM »
Also a fan of both Yes and Rush...

I generally don't play either when my wife is in the car, though.

amptech

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2023, 11:52:46 PM »
Also a fan of both Yes and Rush...

I generally don't play either when my wife is in the car, though.

One more thumb up for Rush!

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2023, 07:00:07 AM »
It does beckon the question of course whether Rush fans, that once proud species, will eventually die out for lack of offspring, much like the dinosaurs in fact. Nature has a way of correcting things. Alas!, and the strange-meters-meek shall inherit the Earth.   8)

NO SEX PLEASE !!!
« Last Edit: February 11, 2023, 03:29:36 PM by uwe »
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...