Author Topic: Gretsch Junior Jet Bass  (Read 1694 times)

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
Re: Gretsch Junior Jet Bass
« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2022, 12:01:00 AM »
^^^

Exactly. In all the years since its release, I've never heard or read where anyone said they bought the bass because it had a humbucker instead of a single coil.

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2022, 02:09:04 AM »
There are not much people as annoying as him. I didn't watched it completely either.

I know I started the thread, but just as a factual thing.

Alanko

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 02, 2022, 02:24:45 PM »
I watched as much of the video as I could stand.  Preening and self-congratulation, promoting the assumption that Fender made the dastardly decision to defraud Gretsch customers and cover it up.  The smugness is excessive. It's pretty clear that the pickup change was a production change in process and that it wasn't reflected in a specification update on their website. Stuff happens.

It is gauche posturing. A few years ago a chef in Edinburgh kicked off in a big way because a food influencer/blogger had protested that they had paid £20 for a bottle of wine in the restaurant, whereas the same bottle could be bought for £7 from a shop. The influencer had never worked in the hospitality sector, so had no idea about why a restaurant might have to charge a markup on a bottle of wine.

Likewise Crab Claw is strutting around like he has cunningly exposed the soft white underbelly of FMIC.

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2022, 09:49:24 PM »
I'm glad you brought it up, Chris.

Somebody needs to send him this.  :mrgreen: