Author Topic: Nikki Sixx Spector Bird... Sort Of  (Read 1017 times)

OldManC

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Nikki Sixx Spector Bird... Sort Of
« on: May 17, 2021, 09:05:02 PM »

My curiosity got the better of me and I threw out a low bid on a Japanese auction site... and I actually won the auction. Just arrived today (shipped 4 days ago) and I took these photos right out of the box. Needs a pretty thorough cleaning and oil on the fingerboard.

Fernandes Nikki Sixx Spector Copy. Multi-laminate neck thru. 32" scale, sort of? 32 1/2? Was Nikki's Spector a weird scale too or did Fernandes just say to hell with it?  ;D  Gotta get new strings on it before I even plug it in, because these look 20 years old (and not in a good way).

Besides replacing the corroded Strat jack I'm not too sure what I'm gonna do with this one. If it sounds really good I may go all the way and get it airbrushed, replace the bridge and tuners, find an opti-grab, and make this a more faithful replica. We'll see...

And remind me to stay off those Japanese auction sites.

amptech

• View Profile
Re: Nikki Sixx Spector Bird... Sort Of
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2021, 10:47:28 PM »
Besides replacing the corroded Strat jack I'm not too sure what I'm gonna do with this one.

Optograb!

gearHed289

• View Profile
    • Book of faces...
Re: Nikki Sixx Spector Bird... Sort Of
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2021, 07:19:07 AM »
Collecting Fernandes now George?  ;D This is pretty cool, I know you were a fan of NS in the olden days. What's the measurement from the nut (fingerboard side) to the 12th fret? Double that for scale length.