Author Topic: Finally finished my Fenderbird.....more or less  (Read 975 times)

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
Finally finished my Fenderbird.....more or less
« on: June 29, 2020, 04:05:39 PM »
   I started this something like 12 years ago! Here's a little demo and explanation for the uninitiated. When discussing the tuners I meant to say 90 degree angle instead of 45  :o
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

slinkp

• View Profile
    • slinkp home page
Re: Finally finished my Fenderbird.....more or less
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2020, 06:26:45 PM »
Love it. Nicely done!
Basses: Gibson lpb-1, Gibson dc jr tribute, Greco thunderbird, Danelectro dc, Ibanez blazer.  Amps: genz benz shuttle 6.0, EA CXL110, EA CXL112, Spark 40.  Guitars: Danelectro 59XT, rebuilt cheap LP copy

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2020, 08:17:21 PM »
Sounds good!

gearHed289

• View Profile
    • Book of faces...
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2020, 06:57:53 AM »
Great vid! I think next time someone asks me about mine, I'll just refer them to this video.  ;D Funny, I've also got a Mighty Mite Jazz neck on mine. It's really great feeling and solid. The only issue I had was the frets sticking out the ends during winter months. I FINALLY got around to filing them this winter. Much better now. I completed and started gigging it 13 years ago, and it's proven to be one of my favorite basses. It sounds, feels, and looks great. A little on the heavy side, but perfectly balanced and much more ergonomic than any T-bird or Explorer I've ever played.

Thanks for sharing Scott!

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2020, 02:46:04 PM »
My maple Mighty Mite Jazz neck (yes, another one of us with one) is fretless and black ebanol capped so nothing to fret about, Tom...  ;)

Nice work, Scott... hope you had a great birthday, young-un... :mrgreen:
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...