Author Topic: Klira bass project  (Read 1222 times)

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
Klira bass project
« on: February 02, 2020, 09:40:07 AM »
   I've been working on this thing for several years now, I finally got all the parts together and had some time to work on it. Still needs some tweaking and touch up work but at least I can play it.  Wish Bill was here to see it he would have gotten a kick out of it.
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

Rob

• View Profile
Re: Klira bass project
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2020, 09:44:21 AM »
Yeah he would have.

Basvarken

• Global Moderator
  • hobby luthier. gibson bass nerd
    • View Profile
    • www.enkoo.nl
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2020, 09:59:45 AM »
Nice job Scott!
Bill would certainly approve.

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2020, 02:03:46 PM »
Nice!! That's a relic the honest way, so the neck wear fits right in.  Looks very neat...would love to play it.  I agree, Bill would have liked that one.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2020, 09:51:25 PM »
That looks great, Scott.  :toast:  I'm sure it took some real sleuthing to get this far.

I really miss Bill. What a shame, just as he was getting ready to enjoy his retirement.

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2020, 03:28:12 AM »
   I sure miss him. I did learn something from his passing. I turn 62 in 17 months and I am taking my pension and social security. I plan on fitting in as much bass playing as I can and keeping busy with small jobs, buying and selling,  maybe building basses.
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

BTL

• View Profile
    • Lowe Custom Guitars
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2020, 06:36:49 AM »
That's awesome, and a wonderful tribute to Bill!

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2020, 10:50:41 AM »
That looks great, Scott.  :toast:  I'm sure it took some real sleuthing to get this far.

I really miss Bill. What a shame, just as he was getting ready to enjoy his retirement.

I think about that often.  Bill was a kindred spirit with a similar academic career to mine, and he invited me to come here when I was banned from the FDP. I retired last June, and I think of him when I visit here.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."