Author Topic: ES Les Paul Bass at Dave's Guitar Shop  (Read 938 times)

Grog

• Low Impedance LP's
    • View Profile
ES Les Paul Bass at Dave's Guitar Shop
« on: November 08, 2018, 05:24:36 PM »
Nice Goldtop Les Paul Bass at Dave's in La Crosse Wisconsin. Reasonable price. I've been enjoying mine...………

https://davesguitar.com/products/gibson/es-les-paul-bass-16/
There's no such thing as gravity, the earth just sucks!!

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
Re: ES Les Paul Bass at Dave's Guitar Shop
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2018, 10:38:25 PM »
Yes, very reasonable. CME blew some of these out for a little less but those are long gone, and I think the original street price was just over $3000. 

Grog

• Low Impedance LP's
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2018, 07:26:54 AM »
Musicians Friend still has an "Open Box" in gold, but they are asking 2,399. Dave will usually knock a bit off if you ask.
There's no such thing as gravity, the earth just sucks!!

gearHed289

• View Profile
    • Book of faces...
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2018, 08:21:27 AM »
Great looking bass. Nice price too. And 7 pounds!

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2018, 09:15:31 PM »
Musicians Friend still has an "Open Box" in gold, but they are asking 2,399. Dave will usually knock a bit off if you ask.

Tundra Music in Canada still has four new ones on Reverb at US $3800-3900. The one at Dave's is also on Reverb and is the least expensive one listed.

Dave used to sell new Gibsons at well below MAP. That was before he dropped Gibson the first time.

Granny Gremlin

• View Profile
    • Granny Gremlin home page
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2018, 11:41:38 AM »
Tundra Music in Canada still has four new ones on Reverb at US $3800-3900. The one at Dave's is also on Reverb and is the least expensive one listed.

Dave used to sell new Gibsons at well below MAP. That was before he dropped Gibson the first time.

Everyone will be better off just ignoring Tundra Music.  Not that I have to tell anytone to not buy from them (usually the most expensive, buy double) but you can't take any of their listrings as indicative of market value at all.

I remember them from back in the day  - their entire biz model was based on buying up all the vintage stuff (only people to always have a TBird and EB3/0 in stock at any time back then) and then keep em priced way high (usually dogs too - damaged etc) so when a touring musician came though (or some other desperate/ignorant collector) and needed a replacement there they were with the only one in town.  I used to make fun of them back in the Dudepit days.

2 years ago I tried to buy a Sunn 1200s off them - saw their add, not too overpriced, called to book a time to check it out (was gonna offer lower than ask ) and the owner called ma back 5 minutes later to say the price was wrong.  I asked in which direction he was gonna djust it and he said up.  I called him an crazy asshole and hung up.  That amp is still on Reverb today, at double the ask I initially inquired at.  I bought one and had it shipped from Portland for less than the original ask.

Robert Plant and Jimmy Page (drummer and bassist of Deep Purple, Jake!)