Author Topic: NPD: Sadowsky outboard preamp Mk.I  (Read 2188 times)

ilan

• View Profile
NPD: Sadowsky outboard preamp Mk.I
« on: October 19, 2018, 12:10:44 PM »

Won this on eBay - my Best Offer for $83 was accepted. It's the type you stick in your belt, now they make them as stompboxes, used ones sell for $300+ on eBay so I'm happy with the price I got.  Can't wait to try it. It's the exact same preamp he puts in his basses, but you don't have to rout your vintage Fenders for it.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2018, 12:15:49 PM by ilan »
The guy who bought the same bass twice — first in 1977 and again in 2023

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
Re: NPD: Sadowsky outboard preamp Mk.I
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2018, 08:03:22 PM »
That's a great deal!  :toast:

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2018, 08:17:40 AM »
Nice find!  I needed a preamp with high impedance for my EUB and found one after some searching, but not quite as good a buy as that one.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

gearHed289

• View Profile
    • Book of faces...
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2018, 08:21:35 AM »
I've been using the pedal version for years. Really great pre. It's "boost only", so fully counterclockwise is actually zero rather then 12 o'clock. I run all my passive basses through it with subtle bass and treble boost. I've found that if you overdo it, you start to lose the individual character of your basses. I guess because you're starting to drown out the mids.

Psycho Bass Guy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2018, 05:26:30 PM »
I'm curious about those because my Fender Marcus Miller Signature Jazz has Fender's copy of that preamp modeled after MM's original installed by Roger and it's VERY good. It's quiet and does what it says it does. I imagine the original is even better.