Author Topic: SB-400 heads up  (Read 5213 times)

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
Re: SB-400 heads up
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2018, 09:16:46 PM »
Speaking of "crystal clear mudbucker" I heard some clips of Sentell's "Unmudbucker" and was very intrigued. Looks crazy as well

http://www.sentellpickups.net/bass.html

Too bad that he only takes PayPal which is an absolute "no go" for me...

See http://bassoutpost.com/index.php?topic=11144.0 which I started earlier today. I think we're talking about the same sound clips.

amptech

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2018, 11:27:20 PM »

Too bad that he only takes PayPal which is an absolute "no go" for me...

Paypal is fine, but he can't even spell muddddd... so that's a turnoff for me too :)

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2018, 01:34:15 PM »
Paypal is fine, but he can't even spell muddddd... so that's a turnoff for me too :)

Mud is good. Mudd is a bit too much.  :)

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2018, 01:10:56 AM »
That reminds me of Paul Weller. The British mod-movement is little known in The Netherlands and I saw 'the modfather', as he is called, written as the mudfather, the mottfather, mothfather and some more strange variations.

Granny Gremlin

• View Profile
    • Granny Gremlin home page
« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2018, 06:45:03 AM »
That does look like an SB-400. Even if it turns out to be working, that's a lot more than I'd pay for a stripped bass with no logo.

Not that there are that many coming up, but ALL the ones I see are approaching EB0 prices and while it is whack (I scoffed), if people will pay that, whatchagonnado.  And people are paying that much.  One SB in a local shop went for over C$1000 which is insane.
Robert Plant and Jimmy Page (drummer and bassist of Deep Purple, Jake!)

amptech

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2018, 12:36:45 AM »
Not that there are that many coming up, but ALL the ones I see are approaching EB0 prices and while it is whack (I scoffed), if people will pay that, whatchagonnado.  And people are paying that much.  One SB in a local shop went for over C$1000 which is insane.

Well, it's up again on the bay. This time in parts, who would have guessed! Gibsondependable or something like that.
For a second I thought who would buy a parted out SB but that's just what I  look for, only I need a shortie..

Granny Gremlin

• View Profile
    • Granny Gremlin home page
« Reply #36 on: October 05, 2018, 04:26:40 PM »
Oh I saw that - didn't realise it was the same one.  I watch Gibsondependable; sometimes good deals on things I want.  On other thing I wish he had a make offer button.
Robert Plant and Jimmy Page (drummer and bassist of Deep Purple, Jake!)