Author Topic: Fender Rumble 100 V3  (Read 2189 times)

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
Fender Rumble 100 V3
« on: July 03, 2018, 08:05:42 AM »
I am currently subbing in two bands which are closely related, and practicing with each. Lots of moving amps around.  I just bought a Fender Rumble 100 V3 (earlier versions are different) and I gotta say it's a home run.

It's just 22 pounds, 15 pounds lighter than my Genz-benz Shuttle 6.2/12" cab.  It's even a bit smaller than the G-B.  More than enough for practice, and enough power for a small venue.  It can REALLY get the traditional "dead flats" sound which I like.  I'm still playing with the Vintage switch and other features, but so far I like everything I've tried.  it may not be the best for those who like a very bright tone, as it seems a bit oriented to a bassier sound...but I haven't tried to do much with bright sounds.

At any ate, if you've been eyeballing these, they're definitely worth checking out for a small amp.

For those of you deepinahearta, Joe Bob says, "Check it out."
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Alanko

• View Profile
Re: Fender Rumble 100 V3
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2018, 02:20:56 PM »
I knew I had a Fender Rumble *something*, but I went and checked and it is the same amp! This combo never shifts from my living room, and I've never gigged it either, so I'm not too up to speed on it. It does deliver the Rumble though! A surprising weight of lows and low-mids for a relatively small amp. Definitely voiced towards the vintage end as well.

The vintage switch is a small but important feature. It seems to be something of a compressor/limiter and pre-baked EQ. The gain control seems to interact with it as well.

I bought it because I needed a practice combo. I tried a few Orange amps because they looked cool, but they all had a built in compressor that couldn't be bypassed. I plugged a P bass into the Rumble, played two notes, and my girlfriend said THAT ONE! She's not really into gear, so when she perks up I listen.

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2018, 04:18:36 PM »
I really like mine, it's vastly different from the earlier versions. Genz Benz technology is responsible.

It definitely brings the low end.

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2018, 11:29:37 AM »
I 'm very much in agreement with both the follow-up posts. As a flats player, this amp hits sweet spots for me. The vintage sound is really captured in this amp. It's also capable of big sound. I'm selling my 60 pound 1980's Bassman 120 with its 15 inch speaker because it just became both redundant and too heavy. I'm sure Dave is right about the G-B input because the low weight is pretty impressive.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2018, 06:11:28 PM »
The 500w v3 head only weighs 5 lbs. Fender never did anything like that before (Class D head) and it came out fairly soon after they discontinued the G-B brand.

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2018, 07:04:58 PM »
The 500w v3 head only weighs 5 lbs. Fender never did anything like that before (Class D head) and it came out fairly soon after they discontinued the G-B brand.

Makes perfect sense.