Author Topic: Photobucket Alert  (Read 10109 times)

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
Re: Photobucket Alert
« Reply #60 on: July 10, 2017, 11:53:50 AM »
To use a cliched remark, as I live the dream...

There Can Be Only One...! :vader:

One per man.  ;)

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 10, 2017, 12:11:02 PM »
[Cough] Indeed... but can we just leave the proof of length... er life... to our George...? [and drop] :mrgreen:
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #62 on: July 10, 2017, 12:20:46 PM »
Dang, I'm downloading albums from Photobucket but I have about 40 of them, and it's VERY slow going. Every second or third album, the process breaks and I have to close it down, wait a while and log back in.

Not a fun process.  I have also seen this situation written up in other forums and news sites as "breaking the Internet."
« Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 03:09:18 PM by Pilgrim »
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 10, 2017, 02:19:41 PM »
Photobucket does let you keep your albums private. Mine are all private. It means that the public can see the photo you've posted but they can't scroll through your album to see anything else. With imgur, the link doesn't lead to your username anyway, so I'm guessing it just means your pics are hidden to the general public unless you post a specific link to them.

Don't get excited, it was just a random gif. Here's a German brunette for you, I'm sure you have all her albums.

Not all, but a couple. Saw her in concert twice or thrice too. She's had good and not so good phases. When she's good, she has charm. No one will mistake her voice for Whitney Houston's, but with Nena you forgive her the duff notes. Mind you, this here is a performance

of a 56-year old mother of five children (her first son lived only a year, there was no saving him, so she took a one year sabbatical from her career in 1988 and lived with him on an island so she could spend with him intensively what little time he still had to live) and - meanwhile - even threesome grandmother.

Granny Nena is ok in my book. Talking about books, here's some singing from the American (hey, come to think of it: even Minnesotan!) Folk Song Book with her kids (three sons, one daughter).

Nena probably sings more bum notes than even Marlene did on the German original, but I'm happy vee häff herrr!

« Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 02:33:33 PM by uwe »
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

Dave W

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 10, 2017, 02:34:57 PM »
Nena in her 50s is way hotter than Taylor Swift in her 20s. No Whiney Houston? That's a plus in my book.

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 10, 2017, 03:27:26 PM »
What's that strange word you have for it? Mela or meli ... something?

slinkp

• View Profile
    • slinkp home page
« Reply #66 on: July 10, 2017, 03:40:20 PM »
I don't particularly care if she's hot or not, and I *do* have the excuse of having a daughter who's obsessed with her, but I've come around to like Taylor. There, I said it.

She's neither particularly good nor bad as a singer or guitarist.  What she is, is a first rate modern pop songwriter / collaborator.  Very hooky and a lot of them are quite narrative - common in her original genre of country, but refreshing in top-40 pop.  Granted she has the usual stable of A-list songwriters at her disposal, so who knows what she'd be like out on her own, but I don't particularly care; there's something distinctive and characteristic about her work, she delivers it very well, and I enjoy it.
Basses: Gibson lpb-1, Gibson dc jr tribute, Greco thunderbird, Danelectro dc, Ibanez blazer.  Amps: genz benz shuttle 6.0, EA CXL110, EA CXL112, Spark 40.  Guitars: Danelectro 59XT, rebuilt cheap LP copy

Dave W

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 10, 2017, 03:44:29 PM »
What's that strange word you have for it? Mela or meli ... something?

Melisma. Or as a recording engineer friend calls it, soul yodeling.  :)

I don't particularly care if she's hot or not, and I *do* have the excuse of having a daughter who's obsessed with her, but I've come around to like Taylor. There, I said it.

I have nothing against Taylor Swift. She uses auto tune but that's common today in mass market pop.

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 10, 2017, 03:48:55 PM »
A genuine phallic reflection or one that causes Uwe's imagination to run wild?

U-hummmmm!!!, for the avoidance of confusion of our younger readers who deserve protection from this endless innuendo of unfiltered filth: It wasn't me

at the time who pointed out the member reflection! I would have never said a thing, it's ingrained in my cultural tolerance to be accepting ("He's from Utah, maybe they all play their TBirds naked there and wake up in dresses ...").
« Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 03:57:17 PM by uwe »

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 10, 2017, 03:56:13 PM »
She doesn't have the strongest voice, but she's no bimbo and the songwriting is more than decent for mass market appeal pop. I find Lady Gaga more off the wall and musically interesting, but Taylor is alright. We've had worse mass phenomena. Kudos for breaking out of that new country pop mold at a time when commercially speaking she had absolutely no reason to do so.

The new haircut is better than those girlie curlies she used to have too.

slinkp

• View Profile
    • slinkp home page
« Reply #70 on: July 10, 2017, 04:00:17 PM »
Melisma. Or as a recording engineer friend calls it, soul yodeling.  :)

LOL that's perfect!   It can be almost as offensive to my ear as "yarling" which thankfully is no longer in fashion.  http://www.endino.com/archive/yarl.html
Basses: Gibson lpb-1, Gibson dc jr tribute, Greco thunderbird, Danelectro dc, Ibanez blazer.  Amps: genz benz shuttle 6.0, EA CXL110, EA CXL112, Spark 40.  Guitars: Danelectro 59XT, rebuilt cheap LP copy

Dave W

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 10, 2017, 10:07:29 PM »
LOL that's perfect!   It can be almost as offensive to my ear as "yarling" which thankfully is no longer in fashion.  http://www.endino.com/archive/yarl.html

I never heard the term yarling until 2 or 3 years ago. When I read what it was, first thing that popped into my mind was a former co-worker who did a hilarious impersonation of Eddie Vedder doing exactly that.

doombass

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 11, 2017, 05:15:13 AM »
A genuine phallic reflection or one that causes Uwe's imagination to run wild?

I believe it was the latter.  :mrgreen:

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 11, 2017, 06:32:39 AM »
Odin will punish you for that outright lie!

OldManC

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 12, 2017, 12:09:29 AM »
("He's from Utah, maybe they all play their TBirds naked there and wake up in dresses ...").

Bite your tongue, man, I am a born and bred Los Angeleno! I imagine it was all those years in 1980s Hollywood that made me comfortable both in a dress and hanging my dirlywanger in front of any available reflective surface.