Author Topic: Happy Thanksgiving, all!  (Read 1326 times)

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
Happy Thanksgiving, all!
« on: November 24, 2016, 09:33:33 AM »
And here's your traditional turkey-in-the-smoker shot...

It will hit the low 60's here today, and it's very nice.

TOMORROW - the Apple Cup, WSU vs. the lowly Washington dawgz, for the PAC-12 North Division crown!!

GO, COUGS!!

"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Thanksgiving, all!
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2016, 11:07:34 AM »
The size is certainly impressive.

Do ever people disappear in your neighborhood without a trace?
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2016, 11:21:46 AM »
Long Pig is not on the menu, but that smoker will hold about a 22-pound turkey. That's big enough to fuel dinner, snacks for a week, and then smoked turkey enchiladas. There's also some to take home for both daughters.

You ought to see the size of the trailer-mounted smokers down deepiahearta Texas. Those boys are serious about smoking monster briskets, and they can feed a lotta folks!

This year we're going to the home of first daughter...landmark event! Invite the parents for dinner instead of going home! So I settled for smoking a 13-pound turkey to fuel us and friends at Friday's Washington State vs. University of Washington (aka: the lowly and much despised dawgz) Apple Cup game.

This is not only the BIG rivalry game of the year, but will determine the winner of the PAC-12 North Division. You might say it's for all the apples. Whoever wins plays in the PAC-12 Championship game. If the dawgz win, they have an outside chance of getting into the national championship playoff. We'd love to ruin those hopes.

All you folks are welcome to join me in rooting for the Cougs tomorrow at 3:30 PM ET, 12:30 PT. It should be a good game and the Cougs will have to take a very big bite to win this one.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Lightyear

• Hey! You damn kids get off my *@%*~&# lawn!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2016, 11:49:19 AM »
And here's your traditional turkey-in-the-smoker shot...

It will hit the low 60's here today, and it's very nice.

TOMORROW - the Apple Cup, WSU vs. the lowly Washington dawgz, for the PAC-12 North Division crown!!

GO, COUGS!!

Mmmmmmm, well, I suppose that's a new pic - being as that last year's involved snow I believe!  ;)

Rob

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2016, 05:16:34 PM »
Mmmmmmm, well, I suppose that's a new pic - being as that last year's involved snow I believe!  ;)

HA! I thought the same thing Pil was baiting us. :sad:

Nocturnal

• View Profile
    • Myspace page
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2016, 08:05:47 PM »
Happy Thanksgiving one and all!!
TWINKLE TWINKLE LITTLE BAT
HOW I WONDER WHAT YOU'RE AT

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2016, 12:00:14 PM »
Nope, no snow at this low elevation of 5000 feet. There's enough for the ski areas at 9000+ feet to open, though.

It's close to 60 degrees today in Fort Collins and Denver.