Author Topic: Breakfast American-style  (Read 2801 times)

westen44

• View Profile
Re: Breakfast American-style
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2014, 12:31:44 PM »
We Coloradans are upset with Montana over that.  Well, not really....could be that the burgeoning craft brew industry in Colorado has added more than a few calories to our diets.  But we will bear up.  ;)

Yeah, one of my sister's good friends moved to Colorado years ago and loves it there.  She'll never leave.  Of course, I can understand why.  Just like I can understand why Montana has a lot of favorable aspects to it. 
It's not those who write the laws that have the greatest impact on society.  It's those who write the songs.

--Blaise Pascal

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2014, 01:27:13 PM »
It's worth noting that politically, Montana is a pretty red state.  Nothing at all wrong with that if one is comfortable with it. 

It's well named "Big Sky"...every time I drive across Montana I am reminded of how well that fits the state.  It has lovely areas, as well as some big prairies that seem to go on forever.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2014, 05:11:35 AM »

When Uwe visits the U.S. later this year I'll be sure to pack him full of this at least twice  ;)

The bacon is overdoing a good thing, and I like two fried eggs sunny side up. For aging baby boomers, there is nothing like a good heathy breakfast with lots of sodium, cholestorol and fat (actually that is how I refer to that type of breakfast before I dig in: "Ah,  Fette, Salze und Cholesterin!"). All three are good for you. Concentration camp inmates had too little of it, they sure didn't look healthy.

And an orange or grapefruit juice! Two or three glasses. Contrary to popular belief, those aren't healthy at all, however, but a real sugar boost that hits your liver like a freight train and gets turned into fat pronto. The sugar dose is such your liver doesn't know what else to do with it except generate fat for that coming famine our bodies are still set up to believe in.
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2014, 09:15:36 AM »

I'm pretty sure there's some research out there that says most heart attacks occur sometime after consuming breakfast............

We'll pack this into your colon soon Uwe  :o

Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...