Author Topic: Eagles' Documentary  (Read 7773 times)

westen44

• View Profile
Eagles' Documentary
« on: January 20, 2013, 05:20:37 PM »
http://www.deadline.com/2013/01/sundance-showtime-picks-up-history-of-the-eagles-documentary/

For anyone interested in the Eagles, this will most likely be worth watching.  It looks to be an attempt at objectivity and will include rare archival material, etc.  Of course, you'll need to be on Showtime.  In this case, I lucked out since it's one of the few things I have on cable.  I don't even have HBO.  

« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 12:49:48 AM by westen »
It's not those who write the laws that have the greatest impact on society.  It's those who write the songs.

--Blaise Pascal

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
Re: Eagles' Documentary
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2013, 03:14:39 PM »
Might be a while before we get it here... :-\
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2013, 03:58:00 PM »
A disfunctionality fest it will be! They didn't take things easy, but they sure took disfunctionality to the limit.
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

westen44

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2013, 06:22:20 PM »
I'm sure they'll find a way to get this to Europe.  It seems too important not to do that.  I read several articles on this, and it appears that this will not have any sugar coating. 
It's not those who write the laws that have the greatest impact on society.  It's those who write the songs.

--Blaise Pascal

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2013, 03:00:42 PM »
[groan] nearly as bad as my DP puns, Uwe... [/groan]  ;D
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

nofi

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2013, 04:39:49 PM »
the only time i think of the eagles is when i ponder high ticket prices. :sad:
"life is a blur of republicans and meat"- zippy the pinhead

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2013, 09:30:36 AM »
That and how undercover Republicans are lurking everywhere. By his own admission, Don Henley is to blame for Gary Hart not becoming President. Hart met Fräulein Rice for the first time at a dinner given in Don Henley's house. According to himself, Henley feels guilty about that to this day.

"City girls just seem to find out early
How to open doors with just a smile
A rich old man
And she won't have to worry
She'll dress up all in lace and go in style"

Of course, I have my own conspiracy theory about this!
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 09:58:51 AM by uwe »
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

westen44

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2013, 10:44:32 AM »
It's conjecture on my part, but if I had a chance to talk to Don Henley I'd tell him they would probably have found a way to get rid of Gary Hart even without the Donna Rice scandal.  I doubt he has anything to feel guilty about. 

--Blaise Pascal

OldManC

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2013, 01:46:38 PM »
The only person that sank Gary Hart's Presidential aspirations is Gary Hart. That is, unless someone put a gun to his head and said go find some strange, but I don't think that happened.

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2013, 02:35:46 PM »
Gary Hart should have stuck with an imaginary girlfriend, like Lennay Kekua. 

westen44

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2013, 03:15:06 PM »
The only person that sank Gary Hart's Presidential aspirations is Gary Hart. That is, unless someone put a gun to his head and said go find some strange, but I don't think that happened.

And you can prove that statement, how?  How can you prove that everything that happened to Gary Hart was his own fault?  Surely, you jest.  Believe me, I'm apolitical and couldn't care less one way or another, though. 

--Blaise Pascal

OldManC

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2013, 03:47:36 PM »
I just think it's a little out there to blame anyone else for the fact that Gary Hart carried on an affair with someone younger and prettier than his wife when he got the chance and then lied about it when confronted. Like it or not, that killed his chances to be President in that day and age. That has nothing to do with politics, it's just what happened. All the backroom machinations and how it was revealed have no bearing whatsoever on the fact that he actually did do the deed. That was his choice and that's what I'm referring to.

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2013, 04:17:38 PM »
IMO it wasn't a lot different from many other people who are nominated for appointed office - they all have a giant bullseye on their back (put there by the other party,) and if there's a blemish on their record, you can assume it will be used to maximum effect by their naysayers.

This is also a reason that replacements for federal judges and for the head of ATF have been slow to make...they're all automatically opposed by the "her majesty's honorable opposition."
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

patman

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2013, 05:29:23 PM »
Oddly enough, in my opinion only, the "target" on public figures backs insures that the people who actually run for public office tend NOT to be the "doers" in the world, but the mediocre non-doers. "Doers" all have skeletons and can't run.

Rob

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2013, 06:31:13 PM »
Oddly enough, in my opinion only, the "target" on public figures backs insures that the people who actually run for public office tend NOT to be the "doers" in the world, but the mediocre non-doers. "Doers" all have skeletons and can't run.

10-4