Gear Discussion Forums > Other Bass Brands

Bachbirds

<< < (3/6) > >>

Basvarken:

--- Quote from: Denis on February 20, 2018, 09:53:29 AM ---Went back to the original BaCH thread to find this, that I posted in 2011.

The first 20 BaCH NRs were all white (but I can't remember if they had belly cuts). I believe they were thick bodied.
--- End quote ---
The first series has a belly cut. And the body is the thickest of all BaCHbirds: 43mm. It has a veneer on both sides. The veneer on the top side covers up potentiometer holes that weren't drilled in the right position.

--- Quote from: Denis on February 20, 2018, 09:53:29 AM ---The second set of 30 were all thin bodied with a belly cut. There were 10 white, 10 black and 10 Sonic Blue in that series. These had nice, thin necks.
--- End quote ---
Correct

--- Quote from: Denis on February 20, 2018, 09:53:29 AM ---The third series (up to current) were all thick bodied with no belly cut and were available in single and dual pups.
--- End quote ---
The body of the series III isn't really that thick.

Here's a series III BTH-1

--- Quote from: Denis on February 20, 2018, 09:53:29 AM ---The Honeybursts were all single pup but the Trans Cherry were available in both single and dual pups. A little later dual pup Honeybursts were available. These had slightly thicker necks.

--- End quote ---
Here's an early Honeyburst BTH-1

The later Honeybursts have a volute at the back of the headstock.

In the series V there were also Black ones and Sonic blue and Transparent Cherry (or Burgundy) with armcut.

Here's a series V BTH-2 with armcut and belly cut

And a series V BTH-1 with armcut and belly cut

Denis:
Wow, Rob, I didn't know about the volutes or that some of the later series were black!!!

godofthunder:
   I still have three and am still quite enamoured with them.  I have  a black series 2 and two series 3 a cherry and a sunburst.

the mojo hobo:
I also have a black series 2, and had a blue one that Denis now owns.

Nocturnal:
The one I sold a few months back. Skinny bodied version. Great bass!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version