Author Topic: That other bass forum.  (Read 5020 times)

nofi

• View Profile
That other bass forum.
« on: March 04, 2012, 08:42:41 AM »
tiny tiny rant. after looking over tb for several weeks i have reached some conclusions.

ibanez and warwick sales would suffer without it.

the most ill informed yahoos in the history of anything.

after reading 5 min. of goofy teenage meanderings my head hurts.

they don't have much of a sense of humor.

i would consider it an honor to bee banned from that place.

i'm sure there is more but rant over. i'm sure your opinions will vary. such is life...

aparently i have been a member since 2002. news to me. :rolleyes:

"life is a blur of republicans and meat"- zippy the pinhead

Rob

• View Profile
Re: That other bass forum.
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2012, 08:52:53 AM »

i would consider it an honor to bee banned from that place.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Denis

• Harvester of Appendixes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2012, 11:34:07 AM »
Haven't been to that other place in a long time. Too eaten up with boutique bass fetishists, and I actually find it difficult to navigate around in and find posts I wanted to come back to next time.

On the other hand, the nicest guys on there are those also here and some of the Ripper guys are okay.
Why did Salvador Dali cross the road?
Clocks.

dadagoboi

• huh?...HUH?
    • View Profile
    • CATALDO BASSES
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2012, 12:17:59 PM »
I actually find it difficult to navigate around in and find posts I wanted to come back to next time.

You can specify email notification by clicking thread tools clicking subscribe and specifying how often you wish to be notified.

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2012, 01:15:18 PM »

I'm there often and "do the numbers" for the Thunderbird club, and I'd invite any and all from here to feel free to post in that thread - As many of you do including Carlo, Scott, Andy and some others, I appreciate your participation and sharing your knowledge and the basses we hold so dear.
 As a a forum it is of course some kind of microcosym of the bass playing community and the general population...........There moron factor can be high, and more than once I've thought about not participating, but there are some really nice folks there too, including a nice LGBT group that's very supportive.   

Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

rahock

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2012, 02:05:30 PM »
The down side of technology is when you get in to a discussion with some rude little asshat who is very much in need of an ass kickin', which you would be  so happy to deliver, but you just can't seem to get the job done when you have to pass everything through a keyboard and a thousand miles of wire >:(.
Rick

Aussie Mark

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2012, 02:59:16 PM »
I have 10 or 12 threads there that I'm subscribed too, and I will sometimes sell something there, or browse the For Sale section when I have GAS.
Cheers
Mark
http://rollingstoned.com.au - The Australian Rolling Stones Show
http://thevolts.com.au - The Volts
http://doorsalive.com.au - Doors Alive

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2012, 08:07:20 PM »
I stop in often.  High noise to signal ratio,  but it can be amusing and occasionally informative. 
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2012, 10:16:38 PM »
I'm registered there (under a pseudonym) only so that when someone links to there, I can see attached photos that aren't visible unless you're logged in. If I were to take part over there, I'd probably spend all my time poking fun at the yokels who jump on and off every bandwagon.

The high signal to noise ratio is typical of large forums though. It's hard to be as cordial as we are here when you're that big. They're not us and I'm thankful for that.

Bionic-Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2012, 04:27:42 AM »
I think this forum has some of the most honest, sharing, coolest, nicest Bass players around. Met some nice people there once in a while when i've looked for a bass part....but mainly here is where it's at.

Denis

• Harvester of Appendixes
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2012, 05:55:29 AM »
Ditto Baz. I really enjoy hanging around LBO!
Why did Salvador Dali cross the road?
Clocks.

Barklessdog

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2012, 06:59:55 AM »

I'm there often and "do the numbers" for the Thunderbird club, and I'd invite any and all from here to feel free to post in that thread - As many of you do including Carlo, Scott, Andy and some others, I appreciate your participation and sharing your knowledge and the basses we hold so dear.
 As a a forum it is of course some kind of microcosym of the bass playing community and the general population...........There moron factor can be high, and more than once I've thought about not participating, but there are some really nice folks there too, including a nice LGBT group that's very supportive.  

I enjoy it over there, yes, there are a lot of ignorance & prejudice there, but there a lot of knowledgeable people and lot of help if you ask. Also has a much greater diversity of musical tastes & a "youth factor" that is absent here. TB is more of the pulse of the bass community as a whole in my opinion. I discover a lot of new music there. It has its place in my musical life as does this forum which I consider more my "friends/ bass family".

nofi

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2012, 07:04:34 AM »
"what is the best bass for metal?" :mrgreen:
"life is a blur of republicans and meat"- zippy the pinhead

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2012, 07:17:44 AM »
"what is the best bass for metal?" :mrgreen:

LOL!  I've been a member there forever, but I don't visit regularly.  I realized a long time ago that I don't have much to offer in a world of polarized boutique nuts and complete virgins.  The regional GTGs are a lot of fun, though, and you do get to meet people and see some really cool stuff.  Bob Nyswonger hosted a couple meets in Cincinnati, and that's where the Reeves rig showed up one year.
Telling tales of drunkenness and cruelty

Bargeon

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2012, 08:20:41 AM »
It fills a need.
I drop in for the humor, the pictures and the sales.
The DB forums are an island of sanity (or managed insanity).
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 08:28:01 AM by Bargeon »
Dyslexics untie!