Author Topic: 2010 Movies  (Read 17966 times)

Barklessdog

• View Profile
Re: 2010 Movies
« Reply #105 on: December 10, 2010, 09:40:06 AM »
They should have titled it Rapunzel tho.  Classic indeed!

I think they named it Tangled so they could own the name. There have been a lot of different Repunzels over the years by different sudios.

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 13, 2010, 04:42:17 AM »
I saw SALT on DVD yesterday. With all due respect to Brad's better half (who can actually act and look good as she showed in that Clint Eastwood directed movie about the mother losing her son and nobody believing her), WHAT A PIECE OF SHITE IT WAS. The most dumb-ass, hair-raising clichéed "Russian KGB sleepers among us"-plot imaginable (no, not even imaginable, it was way worse). You wouldn't believe that anybody would still dare to make such a film and let it play in the present to boot (the James Bond starter rip-off scene of her being tortured by - of course - North Korean henchmen should have warned me immediately). Nothing wrong with spy and action movies (I really liked the Bourne identity trilogy), but when a petite, fragile (bordering on the anorectic) woman such as Ms Jolie knocks over a dozen hunks from various SWAT teams and shoots another dozen of KGB hitmen with the same training as her in the cavernous belly of a rusty vessel within 90 seconds my sense of reality rebels, after all this is not Avatar or Prince of Persia (which I though was good old-fashioned fun). I'm fine with her jumping out of subway trains, police cars, helicopters and off trucks (she does all four in the movie) without a bruise, that's movies.

Lara Croft, start wagging your pony tail again, please!!! While none can ever be forgiven, most of it is at least by now forgotten.

Uwe
« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 05:23:58 AM by uwe »
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

Rhythm N. Bliss

• Steiny Spirit Mon
    • View Profile
    • MySpace:
« Reply #107 on: December 13, 2010, 07:40:58 PM »
Poor Uwe! He doesn't love Zep OR Angelina!!

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
« Reply #108 on: December 13, 2010, 07:45:35 PM »
LOL!  Well, by coincidence, after watching a Discovery Channel show on trying to find where Amelia Earhart went down, we're getting Amelia with Hillary Swank from Netflix tomorrow.  Should be a good movie.
Telling tales of drunkenness and cruelty

Rhythm N. Bliss

• Steiny Spirit Mon
    • View Profile
    • MySpace:
« Reply #109 on: December 13, 2010, 07:57:40 PM »
Well if you thot SALT sucked you're gonna LAFF OUT LOUD at The Tourist!
The boat scenes are SO damn bad it's sickening.
It's like they paid so much for Depp & Jolie they had to cut corners on everything else. Alas

Looking forward to Black Swan!

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 14, 2010, 10:15:07 AM »
Ter, no album of Led Zep or off-night bad live performance ever approached the depths of SALT. I have no idea why Ms Pitt felt compelled to act in it, it was plain bad, in contrast The Hunt for Red October was a cineastic masterpiece, evil Russians and all.

I saw Amelia recently. It's avanity project of Ms Swank who must have read a book on the pilotress and declared her her rolemodel. The film could be a TV movie from the sixties for its lack of pacing and the naivite of its story-telling, but it's not a wasted evening at home like SALT was.

If you do like conspiracy flics with a realistic touch then look at Matt Damon's most recent one where he very credibly plays an idealistic US Army officer in Iraq (disappointed from not finding any WoMD) siding with the CIA to uncover the manipulation of intelligence by the Foreign Office. It's afilm in the Bourne Identity trilogy vein, looking mostly like it was filmed by an embedded journalist in real action, monochrome, fuzzy pics and shaky handheld camera at all, but it keeps you at the edge of the seat (and commemorates American values like "we're doing this for a purpose" and freedom of information).

dadagoboi

• huh?...HUH?
    • View Profile
    • CATALDO BASSES
« Reply #111 on: December 14, 2010, 10:30:56 AM »
Watched 'The White Ribbon' (Der Weisse Band) the other day.  Very grim but good.  Saw about 2 minutes of Salt when it was released, that was enough for me.

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 14, 2010, 10:36:48 AM »
Yes, White Ribbon was grim, but captivating.

Rhythm N. Bliss

• Steiny Spirit Mon
    • View Profile
    • MySpace:
« Reply #113 on: December 14, 2010, 04:16:30 PM »
Funny how I disagree with you so much, Uwe, but I still LIKE ya! haha
Can't stand Matt Damon. He seems like such a PUTZ!
He's gonna screw up the remake of True Grit for sure.
Jeff Bridges is one fine actor tho & will make it worth seeing.
He's gonna ROCK in TRON this month too!!

Black Swan looks intriguing as HELL!!

The new Russell Crowe flick looks good too--The Next 3 Days
He's busting his wife out of prison with help from Liam Neeson.

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 14, 2010, 04:57:58 PM »
Matt Damon is to me an "everyman", much like Tom Hanks, minus the fun factor. He doesn't have star qualities, but that makes him so convincing in most of his roles. I wouldn't exactly use him for a remake of Gone with the Wind as Rhett Butler though.

Chaser001

« Reply #115 on: December 14, 2010, 06:13:27 PM »
Funny how I disagree with you so much, Uwe, but I still LIKE ya! haha
Can't stand Matt Damon. He seems like such a PUTZ!
He's gonna screw up the remake of True Grit for sure.
Jeff Bridges is one fine actor tho & will make it worth seeing.
He's gonna ROCK in TRON this month too!!

Black Swan looks intriguing as HELL!!

The new Russell Crowe flick looks good too--The Next 3 Days
He's busting his wife out of prison with help from Liam Neeson.

I'm especially looking forward to Tron.  They're doing a good job in creating interest with those previews. 

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #116 on: December 14, 2010, 09:14:00 PM »
I admit to being intrigued by the remake of True Grit.  I was a big Duke fan, and my first reaction was negative.  Then I realized it has been nearly 40 years since the movie was made!  I decided that if they can't take another run at most movies once every 40 years, I don't know why.  

Just Jeff Bridges' gravelly voice and presence in the previews went a long way towards convincing me. And I can't claim that casting Glen Campbell in the original was a stroke of genius...he was adequate at best. However, it will be hard to top Robert Duvall as Ned Pepper...he's one of the great actors of our time.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Darrol

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 14, 2010, 11:46:43 PM »

Here we have a great montage of films from 2010 and the editing on it is great. I must say that it reminds me of what I liked about editing and is making me think about taking it up again in my free time again.
There are many in this world that call me Darrol, feel free to be apart of that group.

Rhythm N. Bliss

• Steiny Spirit Mon
    • View Profile
    • MySpace:
« Reply #118 on: December 15, 2010, 05:45:15 PM »
Black Swan is a beautiful & brilliant movie!

Natalie Portman better win the oscar for Best Actress!
Vincent Cassell should get Best Supporting Actor too!

It's also a very bloody disturbing creepy flick. A real MINDBLOWER!

Darrol

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 17, 2010, 06:14:06 PM »
I caught Tron Legacy this morning in IMAX. That movie had the theater shaking at times. A majority of the visual effects looked great with the exception being Clu. The CGI was probably a bit too extensive which made it too obvious. In the end, it just didn't blend that well in a realistic manner.
There are many in this world that call me Darrol, feel free to be apart of that group.