Author Topic: here it is the new EB Bass!  (Read 16542 times)

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
Re: here it is the new EB Bass!
« Reply #90 on: January 08, 2013, 11:53:49 AM »
One of my earlier elkhounds, Dagny, was that once-in-a-lifetime dog for me. I took great care of her too. But that didn't stop a fast growing inoperable pancreatic tumor from killing her a month shy of her 10th birthday. It's been 18 years now and I still grieve.

It makes me wonder if the unusually long time I've had with Jody is some kind of cosmic balancing. At her age she's like a nursing home resident who needs an attendant to help her do things she used to be able to do on her own, plus she has some doggy dementia. Although I can't make her young again, it's definitely my duty to make things easier for her until she's ready to let go.

patman

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 08, 2013, 01:05:44 PM »
Sorry to hear about the dog, Dave...I have a german shepardish mutt that is my best friend. I understand.

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 08, 2013, 04:02:26 PM »
Our (family) sheltie was born 4th July '77 and lived to just shy of the date our daughter was born in '93 a few months past her 16th... she'd had several strokes and after the last one could not stand... hardest job I ever had was taking her to the vets that last time and holding her as she passed... her ashes are with my mum up on the Island...

My thoughts are with you...
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #93 on: January 08, 2013, 04:14:33 PM »
Dave, I was there at Thanksgiving.  My heart goes out to you and Jody.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Dave W

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 08, 2013, 08:21:01 PM »
Thanks, guys. Whatever was causing all the vomiting and other distress the other night seems to have passed. She's alert. Still, I know her time is short, whether it's days, weeks or months.

Psycho Bass Guy

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 16, 2013, 03:50:58 AM »
It's not a good sign that American Musical and Sweetwater seem to be the only online dealers carrying it.

OTOH it's early yet. Maybe MF/GC and their related companies are planning to carry it. Maybe Gibson just gave American Musical and Sweetwater a head start.

...or GC is in bigger trouble than usual. I don't like how the article paints Larry Thomas as some kind of hero or anything other than an opportunistic businessman. I worked for him. Most of the crap at GC started on his watch and under his guidance, but it's one of the few 'open' critiques of a chain that in any other retail segment that in the press would have been pronounced dead years ago. GC needs overpriced Les Pauls to keep afloat, but perhaps Gibson is not going to risk a potential non-seller bass on a bad-credit retailer.

Glad to hear Jody has improved. I look forward to hearing more about the new bass offering from Gibson.

Denis

• Harvester of Appendixes
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 16, 2013, 05:48:43 AM »
One of my earlier elkhounds, Dagny, was that once-in-a-lifetime dog for me. I took great care of her too. But that didn't stop a fast growing inoperable pancreatic tumor from killing her a month shy of her 10th birthday. It's been 18 years now and I still grieve.

It makes me wonder if the unusually long time I've had with Jody is some kind of cosmic balancing. At her age she's like a nursing home resident who needs an attendant to help her do things she used to be able to do on her own, plus she has some doggy dementia. Although I can't make her young again, it's definitely my duty to make things easier for her until she's ready to let go.

I feel you there, Dave. When, in 2011, I made the decision to let Nick, my 18.5 year old cat, go it was terrible. It was the right thing for him but still terrible. I got him and his brother together in November, 1992. His brother Finway hid lympho-sarcoma from me for 3 months before we caught it. By that time it was in his lymph nodes and one had ruptured. At the vet I tried to make him eat and he did the first time. The last time he looked at me, looked at the food and turned his head away. I knew then he had told me what he wanted.

Nick was totally fine and in great shape for an 18.5 year old cat. Thin, but in good health. I took him in for a tooth cleaning and they discovered and removed a bad one. He lost a little weight, gained it back and was doing well before his health suddenly plummeted. I think he was just on that thin line where he was fine as long as nothing disturbed that balance.

My third cat, Gideon, who had a rather odd sense of humor, dropped dead a year after Finway. I think he saw what Finway went through, wanted no part of that and so keeled over.

I miss the hell out of those cats.
Why did Salvador Dali cross the road?
Clocks.

Dave W

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 16, 2013, 02:43:41 PM »
Thanks, guys, she's still hanging in there. Declining but not suffering.

Glad to hear Jody has improved. I look forward to hearing more about the new bass offering from Gibson.

That's in a different thread that has dropped down the page for now: http://bassoutpost.com/index.php?topic=7624.0