Author Topic: '74 Tele project and another Vintera II Tele Bass  (Read 1036 times)

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
Re: '74 Tele project and another Vintera II Tele Bass
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2024, 03:36:04 AM »
   The pg fits fine though two holes don't line up. They are the two at the waist of the body right where you set the bass on your thigh when playing sitting down. All the other ones line up.  I've no idea why Fender did this.   I'm still trying to decide if I should just drill two holes in the body and be done with it or make/buy a pg with the right hole pattern.  For now it functions just fine.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2024, 11:28:00 AM by godofthunder »
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

Ken

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2024, 06:11:51 AM »
Scott, you could always just make one with no holes and use double-sided tape.  I did that with my NR and it looks really clean.

Alanko

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2024, 01:51:37 PM »
The guy I get pickguards from on EBay has offered to make an undrilled pickguard that I add screw holes to, using the Vintera schema rather than the 1974 Fender schema.

Some people cut screw heads from screws and glue them into the countersinks in pickguards if they want the original look but no extra holes in a guitar body.