Author Topic: Paul Stanley for Folger's?  (Read 2823 times)

lowend1

• View Profile
Re: Paul Stanley for Folger's?
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2014, 03:35:50 PM »
Now see, I think the Flo Family commercials are hysterical. Then again, it doesn't take much to amuse me.
If you can't be an athlete, be an athletic supporter

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2014, 04:58:29 PM »
  That Folger's add was CREEEEEEPY!

Paul Stanley doesn't need a commercial to be creepy.

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2014, 05:00:55 PM »
The Progressive Flo commercials aren't anywhere near the most annoying, but seriously, if I were looking for a new insurer, I wouldn't pick a company whose spokesperson is a homely woman in clown whore makeup, saying stupid things to stupid prospective customers.

lowend1

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2014, 06:34:31 PM »
I liked GEICO's caveman, too. I'm ambivalent about the gecko...
If you can't be an athlete, be an athletic supporter

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2014, 06:47:37 PM »
I kinda like the Gecko - at least it ties to the company's name...but I have ongoing heartburn with Geico.

Some years back, I learned that they don't insure anyone who owns a radar detector.  I called to confirm that.

At the same time, they also were a major donor to the state patrols in some states, giving them radar guns.

It was obvious to me that they were setting up their customers to get nailed by radar traps so Geico could raise their insurance rates.  After that, I have not and will not insure with Geico.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Lightyear

• Hey! You damn kids get off my *@%*~&# lawn!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2014, 07:59:10 PM »
I kinda like the Gecko - at least it ties to the company's name...but I have ongoing heartburn with Geico.

Some years back, I learned that they don't insure anyone who owns a radar detector.  I called to confirm that.

At the same time, they also were a major donor to the state patrols in some states, giving them radar guns.

It was obvious to me that they were setting up their customers to get nailed by radar traps so Geico could raise their insurance rates.  After that, I have not and will not insure with Geico.

They lost me decades ago!  I had a friend who swore by them and I called them and received a written quote for a very competitive price.  Off goes my check to them for the full amount due and two weeks later I get another invoice with an "adjustment" for an extra ten percent!  Sleazy asshats!  Cancelled in less than 30 days and found something with higher coverage for less than the original quote.  I hold a grudge. >:(

westen44

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2014, 08:00:14 PM »

I have to seriously question the accuracy of radar guns.  Also, I see nothing wrong with radar detectors.  I see a lot wrong with speed traps. 

Edit:

To Geico--
You can take your radar guns down my street and up yours. 
« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 12:08:14 PM by westen44 »
It's not those who write the laws that have the greatest impact on society.  It's those who write the songs.

--Blaise Pascal