Main Forums > The Bass Zone

Max Webster

<< < (3/8) > >>

Highlander:
The Rush tour of the UK in '80 was Permanent waves and Max were promoting Vacations at that time... simply stunning... Oh War really stood out for me...

Akimbo is a superb recording, agreed, but it's the ten men with ten lists syndrome...  ;D
Rockland - Fredette is credited only with bgv's and bass is credited to Matthew Gerrard, who is googleable in his own right...

Definitely envy your side of the pond, musically, L2F... and the ability to still see the guy play... 8)

I'm still trying to source the Xmas song...

Nocturnal:
I saw M.W. open for Rush too. I think it was the Moving Pictures tour. Whenever it was, Geddy had done some guest vocals on a song and all my friends were hoping Geddy would come out to sing with Webster. Didn't happen, of course. M.W. put on an enjoyable show and the bass player was amazing!!

Pekka:

--- Quote from: luve2fli on April 27, 2012, 01:32:33 PM ---
Plus, the rhythm section of Robert Sinclair Wilson on bass and Paul DeLong on drums was the bomb!

--- End quote ---

Indeed! Especially on the EP which still has some Max Websterisms left.

Pekka:

--- Quote from: Nokturnal on April 27, 2012, 06:21:11 PM ---I saw M.W. open for Rush too. I think it was the Moving Pictures tour. Whenever it was, Geddy had done some guest vocals on a song and all my friends were hoping Geddy would come out to sing with Webster. Didn't happen, of course. M.W. put on an enjoyable show and the bass player was amazing!!

--- End quote ---

The song was "Battlescar" that featured not only Geddy on vocals and second bass but also Neil and Alex.

Was the bassist playing an Alembic bass? If yes, then it was Mike Gingrich who replaced Dave Myles during that last tour. Do you recall if they had two guitarists? Steve McMurray was added to the line-up for those last days.

Dave Myles:

Battlescar:

Nocturnal:
I don't remember the bass but his name was something like Pie Du Bouis, which someone on another forum said was a stage name. That was the first time I had ever witnessed a bass solo in concert and was pretty impressed. I have some pictures packed away somewhere, but God only knows where. I remember Kim wearing pink & black striped pants and a pink jacket. Truth be told, I think they put on a better show than Rush did that night.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version