Main Forums > The Bass Zone

Max Webster

<< < (8/8)

Pekka:

--- Quote from: uwe on October 18, 2017, 04:18:14 AM ---The boxed set arrived today, the cardboard box is incredibly flimsy and cheap, but the 8 albums (one of them under the Kim Mitchell moniker) are nicely packaged in mini gatefold sleeves. Today is gonna be Max Webster day at the office!  :mrgreen:

--- End quote ---

I was quite disappointed at the packaging and the lack of booklet (the box advertisements failed to mention clearly that the booklet and all the extra stuff is included only within the vinyl box) and the box is indeed flimsy as flimsy can be. Mini gatefolds are nice 'though all the original artwork is not included, for example there's no lyrics anywhere.

I did a bit of complaining and even suggested that the booklet could be made available as a download. We'll see...I won't be buying the vinyl box since I have the lot on vinyl. At least I'm against buying it right now...:D

But, the price was very cheap and they sound great. "Mutiny" seems to have gained a bit of extra low end which is a good thing. Plus the extra disc "The Bootleg" has some gems. "Walden 5" is a nice proggy pop from Terry Watkinson, reminds me a bit of The Tubes. Live "Research At The Beach Resorts" blows away it's studio counterpart. "Battlescar" demo sounds empty without "the other band".
On the other hand, all the 1979 extra live stuff left me wanting more. An expanded "Live Magnetic Air" for example.

gearHed289:

--- Quote from: Pekka on October 19, 2017, 03:41:28 PM ---"Battlescar" demo sounds empty without "the other band"
--- End quote ---

I'd like to hear that just for kicks.

Alanko:

--- Quote from: mc2NY on July 19, 2010, 07:36:57 PM ---Billy Sheehan actually did a stint IN Max Webster in the late '70s between Talas incarnations but I've never seen him mention it, so I'm guessing that maybe it didn't go well.
--- End quote ---

He retained this:

gearHed289:

--- Quote from: Alanko on October 20, 2017, 03:47:51 PM ---He retained this:

--- End quote ---

Nice version. Love Sheehan!

mc2NY:

Looks like my old drummer, Mark Miller, playng on this one.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version