Author Topic: Dimarzio Model G position  (Read 7248 times)

drbassman

• Gone but not forgotten
    • View Profile
Re: Dimarzio Model G position
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2009, 12:44:27 PM »
The G fits the newer TB covers, but the center screw hole is a problem as far as clearance.  Guess what else fits and even has room for all 3 screws.............those black 4 pole pups that are used in the Mosrite copies.  Made by Eastwood.

Hey Pilgrim, how do these pups sound?

I'm fixin' a hole where the rain gets in..........cuz I'm built for a kilt!

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2009, 09:17:26 AM »
com'on guys with all the Birds, G's and chrome covers you deal with every day you should have thought about that years ago....  ;D
Sometimes you can't see the forest for the trees ! This worked out great, super easy. The Model G has two screw tabs I just screwed the pickup to the base of the pup cavity and put the cover right over it works great no need for adjustment as the pup sits about as high up as it could go without hitting the strings. The only give away is the center adjustment hole on the '76 cover.
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

Iome

• Born to rock..forced to work
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2009, 01:33:31 PM »
Wow, that looks nice..more elegant...i love those chrome covers, they'd look good even on a 7ender.
You could always chip the head of a screw and glue it into the center hole.

shadowcastaz

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2009, 04:08:47 AM »
Wow, that looks nice..more elegant...i love those chrome covers, they'd look good even on a 7ender.
You could always chip the head of a screw and glue it into the center hole.

benn there ,done that !
It takes a very deep-rooted opinion to survive unexpressed

Iome

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2009, 10:00:02 AM »
Do you guys use 500k pots? What capacitors do you use? Would it make any sense splitting the bucker serie/parallel? or, perhaps, single/humbucker..anyone?
« Last Edit: September 08, 2009, 04:59:49 AM by Iome »

drbassman

• Gone but not forgotten
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2009, 06:20:29 AM »
Do you guys use 500k pots? What capacitors do you use? Would it make any sense splitting the bucker serie/parallel? or, perhaps, single/humbucker..anyone?

Whenever I use humbuckers and decide to install tone controls, I always install 500k pots for the volume and 250-300k pots for the tone controls.  Using the lower impedance pots for the tone bleeds off some of the highs and I love the tone much better.  I like Orange Drop caps .047 variety.  They are pricey but I think they do improve the tone fo my basses.

Lately, I've been leaving the tone control off entirely as I never use them anyway!  I do all my tone tweaking with the EQ on my Mesa amp.
I'm fixin' a hole where the rain gets in..........cuz I'm built for a kilt!

Iome

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2009, 10:04:51 AM »
Hmm..never thought about using two different pots together...thats an idea. Think i'll leave the tone pot off and go with vol and serie/parallel split