Author Topic: New Gibson bass model?  (Read 4287 times)

SKATE RAT

• too much chicken will make you blind.
    • View Profile
Re: New Gibson bass model?
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2008, 05:25:33 AM »
thats not a newer model ,its a "Trini Lopez" from the 60's
'72 GIBSON SB-450, '74 UNIVOX HIGHFLYER, '75 FENDER P-BASS, '76 ARIA 4001, '76 GIBSON RIPPER, '77 GIBSON G-3, '78 GUILD B-301, '79 VANTAGE FLYING V BASS, '80's HONDO PROFESSIONAL II, '80's IBANEZ ROADSTAR II, '92 GIBSON LPB-1, 'XX WAR BASS, LTD VIPER 104, '01 GIBSON SG SPECIAL, RAT FUZZ AND TUBES

Barklessdog

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2008, 05:38:53 AM »
You're right

http://www.theguitarfiles.com/guitarfile758.html

avid Grohl Joins Gibson Guitar Custom Shop
Gibson Guitars announces the release of the new Dave Grohl model guitar, the DG-335, that will be available to Foo Fighters fans and guitarists, alike, on Thursday,October 4th, 2007. This new guitar is inspired by Grohl's much loved Trini Lopez signature model. The new model, created by the artisans at the Gibson Custom Shop with the input of Grohl himself, will provide rock fans a chance to channel the Foo Fighters' renowned lead singer.

Grohl has always been a long-time fan of the Trini Lopez signature model guitar that Gibson built from 1964-1971. The Trini Lopez model was a striking take on Gibson's classic ES-335 semi-hollow body guitar, which is a hybrid between a solidbody and a hollowbody. Grohl has a particular love for the Trini Lopez in a rare Pelham Blue color that was used by the Gibson Custom Shop in producing this limited model.

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2008, 05:49:37 AM »
Noel Gallagher is also seen with a Trini Lopez often. My former guitar player could buy one quite cheap, but he went for a 335. The c*nt.

Barklessdog

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2008, 06:27:57 AM »
I still think the Johnny A guitar would make a cool bass

http://www.gibson.com/whatsnew/pressrelease/2003/aug4a.html

eb2

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2008, 06:54:45 AM »
I would like a Trini Lopez bass.  There was also a Trini Lopez Custom model guitar, which looked a lot like the Johnny A guitar.  Poor Trini Lopez.  Seems like the guy gets no respect.  He was great on Adam 12, though.
Model One and Schallers?  Ish.

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2008, 08:21:56 AM »
The EB-650 was based on the Trini Lopez guitar. Not the same headstock style, but a definite influence.

Trini does deserve more respect as a musician.

Now if Gibson would just reissue the George Gobel guitar....

Granny Gremlin

• View Profile
    • Granny Gremlin home page
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2008, 09:38:30 AM »
I think a reissue of the LP Triumph i... They could even do a semi-hollow version.

:iconfainted
Robert Plant and Jimmy Page (drummer and bassist of Deep Purple, Jake!)

OldManC

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2008, 07:58:04 PM »
I saw they made a new(er?) hollow body model for David Grohl, that is based on a 335 with diamond F holes and a Fenderish/Firebird headstock.

Wow, I thought that was a First Act creation. That's kind of what their in line headstock looks like, but here's the Gibson 'inspired by' Dave Grohl model:

I don't remember where I posted it, but some time recently I was saying I wished they'd do an EBL, because all the new SG models made me feel left out (preferring long scale basses). Guess I got my wish!

:mrgreen:

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2008, 09:35:36 PM »

George,

Promise to slip a couple of those pup rings on that bass just for a pic...........Curiousity  ;) 
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

OldManC

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2008, 10:22:45 PM »
George,

Promise to slip a couple of those pup rings on that bass just for a pic...........Curiousity  ;) 

If I keep it I'll probably install them. I know some will frown at that, but they really do belong there!

ampang

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2008, 01:09:10 AM »
I'd like to see a short scale doublecut slab body EB-0 just like the one that came before the classic sg shape.
It could be equipped with the dual pickup system present in current SG bass for parts reuse, even if a single pickup version would be the best. A cheap faded finish cherry and walnut would be great.

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2008, 02:18:40 AM »
If I keep it I'll probably install them. I know some will frown at that, but they really do belong there!

Hmmmmmph!
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...