Author Topic: Tonight should be fun  (Read 7275 times)

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
Re: Tonight should be fun
« Reply #45 on: October 03, 2009, 03:32:45 PM »
They wrote to me that there was an issue with the pups and that they were rectifying it, but so far nothing rectified fron the Pro V series has reached my dealer. But he is in receipt of two new Pro IVs (the first batch had action too low and had to be returned) and I'm getting a translucent black one once I'm back from Sicily where I am currently vacationing with Edith.
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 03, 2009, 03:39:54 PM »
OMG... he's dealing with the Sicilians...  :o

"Ay... Gibson... Ahm gonna make yo an offer yo cain't refuse..."
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
« Reply #47 on: October 04, 2009, 03:16:30 AM »
Yearly meeting of the Stahl Pakt I suppose? Rumours are that Uwe wants to give all steel produced by this pact a black coating.

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 04, 2009, 12:31:58 PM »
I think we should all tread very carefully for a while, especially with the risk of President Blair on the horizon...  :o
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 05, 2009, 02:45:48 AM »
My Italian friends and I have already arrived oin a nice compromise of dividing the world into "spheres of influence".

And I can't believe how in some souvenir shops you actually see kitsch souvenir memorabila of Il Duce. No joke either. Only Italians could get away with it.
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 05, 2009, 07:55:03 AM »

And I can't believe how in some souvenir shops you actually see kitsch souvenir memorabila of Il Duce. No joke either. Only Italians could get away with it.

Can I get one of Il Duce in a scale model Esso station in Milan, complete with girder and ropes? That would be a conversation piece.

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
« Reply #51 on: October 05, 2009, 08:42:19 AM »
Last I saw him, he was so screwed up they had to lead him out with a band mate holding him on either side & they had to put the guitars on him.

When they brought out his T bird, the crowd went crazy like it was a star in itself. He could still play though.

I guess he's back off the junk again.   He's got a bad track record with managers that manage to get him hooked again, and then rob him blind, no pun intended.  A friend of mine saw him a few years back, and he was in better shape, but still a little feeble.  My buddy got to meet him back in his trailer, and got a pic with him.
Telling tales of drunkenness and cruelty