Author Topic: Midtown bass now in too  (Read 25620 times)

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
Re: Midtown bass now in too
« Reply #105 on: November 19, 2012, 10:49:48 AM »
And what if it's just a bare-chested FBI agent that went AWOL and raked some muck that should have remained personal?

What would you guys do without your conspiracy theories.  :mrgreen:

OTOH I'm happy to hear that federal law enforcement officers in the US have the time to investigate spam mails of jealeous lovers. You might have had issues predicting 9/11, but man did you nail Petraeus and his mistresses to the ground!!! Life is all about priorities.
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 19, 2012, 11:13:27 AM »
And what if it's just a bare-chested FBI agent that went AWOL and raked some muck that should have remained personal?

That's exactly what happened at first, but he was taken off the case because of his actions. Once it appeared that there could be security violations, it wasn't going to be dropped. Some people may have used the information to "get" Petraeus but we don't know (yet) if that's why this was pursued.

drbassman

• Gone but not forgotten
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 19, 2012, 11:43:42 AM »
It's still a security issue in my view.  Moral relativism aside.
I'm fixin' a hole where the rain gets in..........cuz I'm built for a kilt!

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #108 on: November 19, 2012, 11:57:09 AM »
I'm not sure it's that complex.  Petraeus is in a position where it really doesn't matter that much what he does (on the Q.T.) but doing it and NOT having it known in public exposes him to coercion or blackmail, which in turn could compromise his ability to maintain security.  

People who protect secrets are much more vulnerable to coercion or blackmail - and that's not a good position for someone to be in when they're managing an agency in which security is critically important.  

The US is one of the few places where anyone cares who bonks who or how often - but the fact that people do care is a factor.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

drbassman

• Gone but not forgotten
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 19, 2012, 12:10:14 PM »
When it comes to public officials, the press always cares if they are boinking somone they shouldn't.  Doesn't matter if it's the US, France, Italy, Britain or, dare I say, the Fatherland.  Sensationalism is human nature.  Protecting state secrets should be a universal concern IMHO.

copacetic

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 19, 2012, 12:37:58 PM »
And you could really tell by the Mcain has been going on about opening up a quote "Watergate type of investigation" and all roads lead to the White House.
Actually more than national security I am want to know why Gibson has to to that teardrop spray on the the Midtown. Those horns need some burst tributaries.

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 19, 2012, 12:53:31 PM »
Naw, your standards are otherworldly it has to be said. No European nation would have had an investigation by a government authority whether the head of state was blow-jobbed or not like you did with Clinton, that is simply unfathomable here. Sure the gossip papers would have been all over it, but it would have died down. The gossip papers were all over Berlusconi for teenage hookers but he has been sentenced now for tax fraud, not sex against money. The last French President changed wives shortly before taking office, the new one had two as well who fought a little in public, the papers grinned about it, but no one declared him unfit for office or prone to blackmail and extortion from foreign intelligence services.

One of our more recent Chancellors (Gerhard Schröder) was into his 4th marriage when he took office. Other than that some political opponent spoke with some vitriol of "the current Ms Schröder" (which was subsequently chastened as a "cheap shot"), it was no big issue. Our current President, Herr Gauck, is married but has been separated for years. His significant other has the role of the 1st Lady and when a conservative MoP coyly asked whether perhaps the two shouldn't marry now at last (after Gauck had his divorce that is), he was admonished by the Conservative Party that this was "a private matter". Finally, our Secretary of State, Guido Westerwelle is openly gay, and takes his male significant other on trips with him, even in Arab states, I believe the two are married by now. I'm unaware that he is on the pay roll of the KGB.

But when we found out that our former Secretary of Defense had cheated with his doctor's thesis, he had to leave office in ignominy. You can bonk all you want in the Vaterland as long as it is with consenting non-minor mammals and you are gracious with your divorcees, but you can't lie about your academics. Old Europe has for once a different set of values than the US.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 04:49:49 PM by uwe »
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

drbassman

• Gone but not forgotten
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 19, 2012, 01:11:37 PM »
Naw, your standards are otherworldly it has to be said. No European nation would have had an investigation by a government authority whether the head of state was blow-jobbed or not like you did with Clinton, that is simply unfathomable here. Sure the gossip papers would have been all over it, but it would have died down. The gossip papers were all over Berlusconi for teenage hookers but he has been sentenced now for tax fraud, not sex against money. The last French President changed wives shortly before taking office, the new one had two as well who fought a little in public, the papers grinned about it, but no one declared him unfit for office or prone to blackmail and extortion from foreign intelligence services.

One of our more recent Chancellors (Gerhard Schröder) was into his 4th marriage when he took office. Other than that some political opponent spoke with some vitrol of "the current Ms Schröder" (which was subsequently chastened as a "cheap shot"), it was no big issue. Our current President, Herr Gauck, is married but has been separated for years. His significant other has the role of the 1st Lady and when a conservative MoP coyly asked whether perhaps the two shouldn't marry now at last (after Gauck had his divorce that is), he was admonished by the Conservative Party that this was "a private matter". Finally, our Secretary of State, Guido Westerwelle is openly gay and takes his male significant other on trips with him, even in Arab states, I believe the two are married by now. I'm unaware that he is on the pay roll of the KGB.

It's still a security issue in the Gen. P case.  Your acecdotes are simply par for the culture.  No big deal, I agree.  I do believe, and have expreienced, that people who lie and cheat in their private lives have no compunction or reason not to do so in their public or work lives.  Lying and cheating is a personality defect, not a partitionable personality quirk, that shuts off when one walks into the office.  I worked with a philandering CPA and he damn near ruined our ambulatory care center as he spent more time boinking his secretary than doing our books.  It took months, and thousands of dollars, to figure out what happened to our money and accounts.  He was boinking his sec, his wife and all of us and our employees.  I fail to see the difference in stealing from your customers/employers vs. stealing from the public you're supposed to represent.  I know, I know, I'm an old fashioned dinosaur.  I'll get over it when I die!   :)

Could we talk about basses again?  This is starting to drag on and on.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 01:35:13 PM by drbassman »

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #113 on: November 19, 2012, 01:13:36 PM »

The stupid things people do for a piece of poontang  :bored:

Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

Denis

• Harvester of Appendixes
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 19, 2012, 01:30:17 PM »
"Power corrupts: absolute power corrupts absolutely."

In other news, basses are cool. :)
Why did Salvador Dali cross the road?
Clocks.

drbassman

• Gone but not forgotten
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 19, 2012, 01:33:27 PM »
Did I mention that I got a Midtown bass in heritage cherry?

drbassman

• Gone but not forgotten
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 19, 2012, 01:36:05 PM »

The stupid things people do for a piece of poontang  :bored:

Amen.

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #117 on: November 19, 2012, 01:44:25 PM »

I think that's Heritage Cherry Pie  ;)
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

copacetic

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 19, 2012, 01:57:53 PM »
We went from Midtown to Downtown.
Did I mention I would like a Sunburst Midtown hopefully with out the teardrop burst. They don't have them downtown San Francisco yet. Nor do I see any of the latest G-3, NR's out here in Northen California...what's happening?

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 19, 2012, 03:06:40 PM »
Two hopes of seeing one to glance at in the UK, and one of those is dead... ;D
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...