Author Topic: Midtown bass now in too  (Read 25989 times)

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
Re: Midtown bass now in too
« Reply #90 on: November 15, 2012, 11:35:44 AM »
Two, Dave, just two. Relax. You are mistaking the upper triangles of her bra for additional nipples. You do need to get out more often. The power of suggestion ...

They're tucks in her dress, not her bra. But I still say she's a witch.

But I'm still wondering whether and where Petraeus betrayed us (pun carefully labored): So he had - like any good mighty warrior - two, no wait for it, three chicks running, but does that threaten America in its foundations? BTW, the man must be a logistics miracle, always a forte of the US Armed Forces.

This isn't about his affair. That part is out in the open and done with. But what it's really about is an open question at this point.

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #91 on: November 15, 2012, 01:01:44 PM »

In my best flamey gay voice  :gay:

Hellllloooooooo........Still an ugly dress!

Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 16, 2012, 07:27:51 AM »
"They're tucks in her dress, not her bra."

Uhum, nip and tuck, now I understand.

We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

drbassman

• Gone but not forgotten
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 16, 2012, 09:04:23 AM »

This isn't about his affair. That part is out in the open and done with. But what it's really about is an open question at this point.

What it is about is the potential for leaking secrets to unvetted persons or compromising one's position, making him open to extortion or blackmail.  It's not rocket science really.  If you have top secret clearance, you have to be careful.  Duh!  It's the same old spy stuff that's been around forever.
I'm fixin' a hole where the rain gets in..........cuz I'm built for a kilt!

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 16, 2012, 09:46:06 AM »
What it is about is the potential for leaking secrets to unvetted persons or compromising one's positionm making him open to extortion or blackmail.  It's not rocket science really.  If you have top secret clearence, you have to be careful.  Duh!  It's the same old spy stuff that's been around forever.

You're right. What I meant was, what specifically has happened and who has done what with certain information. That hasn't become clear yet.

drbassman

• Gone but not forgotten
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 16, 2012, 09:54:39 AM »
I figured we were on the same page.  It isn't always about the sex.  It's about compromising your role in the government.  It took my son over 9 months to get his red bagde, "secret" clearance from the Navy.  You only need to screw up once to lose it.

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 16, 2012, 12:08:21 PM »
Why shouldn't you yanks have your very own (not really) Profumo Affair several decades after the Brits? Except that there are no Russians.

I have yet to read that Petraeus leaked anything except his own body fluids into Frau Broadwell and those were irrelevant for homeland security. The assumption that he could be blackmailed because he had sex with women other than his wife is just that, but what if he wouldn't have given a damn? JFK was no saint, but his (forced) collaboration record with the KGB is thin. French President Mitterand had an almost adult daughter with another woman which he supported financially, all of France knew it, but did not talk or write about, I'm not aware that he was blackmailed ever or would have succumbed to blackmail.

You could have all just ignored it and asked the solely relevant question: Is Petraeus a bad soldier and/or Head of the CIA? Until very recently nobody seemed to think so.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 12:15:07 PM by uwe »

drbassman

• Gone but not forgotten
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 16, 2012, 12:25:37 PM »
I think he is an excellent soldier and former CIA director.  I still think government officials open themselves up to potential security issues when they do stupid things like this.  It doesn't matter if it's actually happened yet.  And, puritanical, old-fashioned and uncool as it may seem, I still believe in fidelity, integrity and honesty.  I also, probably foolishly, believe public servants should display a modicum of each characteristic.  The problem we have in our US culture is our standards for competence and behavior in public servants have been lowered, or dumbed-down, so far, no one is accountable for anything they do.  We've had a war on poverty since 1965 and we have 50 million people on food stamps after trillions of dollars spent.  If our government were a corporation, the peasants would be calling for the CEO's head!

That's all the politics I'm gonna comment on.  I'll say no more!!!!!

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #98 on: November 16, 2012, 12:44:29 PM »

Still an ugly dress too  :rolleyes:
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

copacetic

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 16, 2012, 12:51:35 PM »
I have a suspicion that Ritchie Blackmore took up the guitar because he knew this type of stuff was going on.

drbassman

• Gone but not forgotten
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 16, 2012, 12:51:55 PM »

Still an ugly dress too  :rolleyes:

I agree.  You'd think a general's concubine could afford better!!!

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 18, 2012, 03:28:38 PM »
If you struck every great man who had a mistress and held public office or any other position of significance out of history, we'd be still hunting mammoths. And Adolf Hitler was non-promiscuous and a vegetarian to (jack)boot, both traits do very little to redeem him.

Fidelity between two people is something to strive for, I agree, but only between those two, it is none of the public's - indeed - f***ing business rating his or her performance unless he or she is a hypocrite him-/herself. You can joke about it as we do here, but it says nothing about how someone performs his work. This might come as a surprise to some here, but I've never had either an affair or a one-night-stand in my life, but that doesn't qualify me better for public office than people who have had either or both.

« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 04:56:20 AM by uwe »

Psycho Bass Guy

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 18, 2012, 10:54:02 PM »
Silliness of the personal situation aside, this strikes me as a disguised way to remove Petraeus from his position for some other reason. There is much, much more to this politically behind the scenes, IMO. The Pentagon has been gunning for Petraeus and many of his contemporaries (Wesley Clark, Stanley McChrystal, Colin Powell) for going against the grain of their traditional thinking ('more of everything is always better'). I'm not saying it's behind this, but understand that in many military and civilian leadership circles, Petraeus is not a popular man because of the nature of his tactics and leadership.

drbassman

• Gone but not forgotten
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 19, 2012, 05:42:40 AM »
Yep.

drbassman

• Gone but not forgotten
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 19, 2012, 05:44:30 AM »
Silliness of the personal situation aside, this strikes me as a disguised way to remove Petraeus from his position for some other reason. There is much, much more to this politically behind the scenes, IMO. The Pentagon has been gunning for Petraeus and many of his contemporaries (Wesley Clark, Stanley McChrystal, Colin Powell) for going against the grain of their traditional thinking ('more of everything is always better'). I'm not saying it's behind this, but understand that in many military and civilian leadership circles, Petraeus is not a popular man because of the nature of his tactics and leadership.

Makes sense.