Gear Discussion Forums > Gibson Basses

Glenn Cornick bass timeline pre-JT through Wild Turkey and Paris - updated

<< < (8/11) > >>

Alanko:
I love seeing the footage of the band onstage, with Glenn playing an EB-3. It looks like the same gig as this:

An interesting period for the band, somewhere between being a blues/jazz/heavy group and slowly getting their prog trappings. It looks like Martin Barre is taking a long solo spot and Glenn and Ian are mocking his drawn out solo by bunking down on stage. Quite a lot of implied camaraderie and brotherly unity (as also shown in the footage) rather than the slick ultra-disciplined band (Ian's band) of a few years later .

patman:
Just bought a box set..The first three Tull albums with Glenn.

Excellent playing...very creative...great sound...

Thanks for turning me on to this one.

And yes, these 3 albums sound like it is a collective band, rather than "Ian's Band"

Alanko:
I have the first two, but I need to track down a copy of Benefit. I might track down the Steve Wilson remaster or Stand Up as well, as my copy is a bit murky and there isn't always a great deal of separation between the instruments.

Pekka:

--- Quote from: Alanko on January 22, 2018, 02:34:01 PM ---I have the first two, but I need to track down a copy of Benefit. I might track down the Steve Wilson remaster or Stand Up as well, as my copy is a bit murky and there isn't always a great deal of separation between the instruments.

--- End quote ---

I have all the Wilson remaster boxes (usually 2CD/2DVD) from "Aqualung" to "Songs From The Wood" and "Heavy Horses" on pre-order. Excellent all with great bonus tracks big booklets. I should get the "Stand Up" as well before it's sold out.

D.M.N.:
Recently found this shot, looks like after the first photo Denis posted in post #6, but before the shots of where it's been modded. You can see the Orange cabs under the Hiwatts, which also show up in the earlier shot, and that a sticker has been added to the bass. The Orange cabs are interesting, looks like on the right there is a stack of 4x12s, but on the left it appears to be a cab, nearly as tall as two 4x12s, as there's no break in the middle. I would guess it's an 8x10, doubt it's a 6x12 or 8x12.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version