Gear Discussion Forums > Gibson Basses

Glenn Cornick bass timeline pre-JT through Wild Turkey and Paris - updated

<< < (7/11) > >>

Alanko:
You get a glimpse of the psychedelic Jazz bass in this footage:

The lighting doesn't bring out the colours especially well, and I actually think it looks quite bad! I like the lefty neck however.

It looks like the odd reverse V bass has Guild humbuckers fitted? It seems that he was rather fond of these pickups. He also had that sonic blue refin'd Guild Starfire that he had modified to a two pickup instrument. It had Bisonics (somebody on Talkbass has/had it). Clearly Glenn was semi fond of Guild basses even if this doesn't seem too apparent form the lineup here.

Pekka:

--- Quote from: Denis on January 10, 2018, 07:35:05 PM ---
I think he may have been mistaken (or he may have forgotten) as far as using it on stage because this photo clearly shows him using it in a performance. It certainly was not seen in many photographs.

--- End quote ---

I think this might be from some TV performance so it's probably a playback.

Highlander:

Screenshot fodder... all sorts of interesting close-ups... there's a bunch of other material up...

Denis:

--- Quote from: Highlander on January 18, 2018, 01:32:57 PM ---
Screenshot fodder... all sorts of interesting close-ups... there's a bunch of other material up...

--- End quote ---

The first video is really cool because it shows Glenn actually using the EBO and then later his first Thunderbird!
Thanks for posting that!

Highlander:
All part of the service, Sir... ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version