Author Topic: Quite breaking news - Gibson Bass Line Up 2016  (Read 31138 times)

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
Re: Quite breaking news - Gibson Bass Line Up 2016
« Reply #150 on: September 07, 2015, 05:24:26 AM »
Uwe thinks he's Hal.

In reality, he only remembers the things I've said that amuse him. For example, that's why he keeps bringing up Gwyneth Paltrow, all because many years ago he called her boring (or something like that) and I disagreed. Naturally, the discussion was in the Gibson forum at the Pit. It drove Dude crazy how we went off topic. Not that we ever do that here.  ;D

True, I'm great at remembering things I liked and also great at displacing things I didn't. It's a healthy mix. My family is full of people that dwell on real or perceived injuries endlessly - it drives me nuts.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 05:36:56 AM by uwe »
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

Alanko

• View Profile
« Reply #151 on: September 08, 2015, 04:15:05 AM »
My family is full of people that dwell on real or perceived injuries endlessly - it drives me nuts.

My girlfriend called me wilfully ignorant the other day. I told her that firstly I didn't know what that meant, and that, secondly, I could not be bothered to find out either.

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: September 08, 2015, 05:33:39 AM »
I hear that from Edith all the time too: "You rationalize and relativize any insult and injury against you to a point where you totally remove yourself from it so it doesn't bother you anymore. It's something you must have picked up as a child." Right on, being the sandwich child in a sibling group of three teaches you about the relativity of self-importance.  :mrgreen:

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #153 on: September 08, 2015, 07:29:40 AM »
My girlfriend called me wilfully ignorant the other day. I told her that firstly I didn't know what that meant, and that, secondly, I could not be bothered to find out either.

I have a brother who's a Chemical Engineer and tends to live in his own little world.

I've called him a militant apathetic, with the attitude:  "I don't care, I don't want to know, and if you try to tell me, I may hit you."

Well, actually he's a sweetheart and a great guy, even if he is sometimes kind of out there. 

The other way I explain him is to say he's the kind of guy who might walk into a research lab wearing a lab coat with a sandwich in one pocket and a formaldeheyded frog in the other, and about 3 PM he could pull the sandwich out of his pocket and say "That's funny, I distinctly remember eating lunch."

;)

"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 08, 2015, 08:10:04 AM »
Warren Zevon, on being asked about some of the most important things he had learned in life, near his last public appearance, this was his reply...

"Enjoy every sandwich..."  rip, Mr Z... ;)
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #155 on: September 08, 2015, 12:28:32 PM »
Or to put it another way, some days you get the sammich, some days you get the frog.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Stjofön Big

• View Profile
« Reply #156 on: September 08, 2015, 01:19:18 PM »
Ronnie Lane (of Small F, and Faces) once said: Life's a short movie. I usually put these two together, into: "Life's a short movie. Enjoy every sandwich!" (With regards to Mr Lane, and Mr Zevon)

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: September 08, 2015, 03:48:58 PM »
Enjoy every sandwich? I'll tell Edith that!

the mojo hobo

• View Profile
« Reply #158 on: September 09, 2015, 07:19:02 AM »
I have been feeling a bit apathetic lately, might have something to do with my 65th birthday being on the near horizon, but here is something that always cheers me up. From the movie In the Good Old Summertime which seems to be a Christmas movie.

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #159 on: September 09, 2015, 11:41:33 AM »
I just passed 65 this June, and I'm more in this mode....

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: September 09, 2015, 11:48:24 PM »
  :mrgreen:
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #161 on: September 10, 2015, 07:51:21 AM »
An enviable approach to life, Ken!!   8)

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: September 10, 2015, 05:18:53 PM »
I've passed 65 and I'm in this relaxed mode.  :P