Author Topic: 15 Songs Entertainment Weekly is Loving?  (Read 5387 times)

patman

• View Profile
Re: 15 Songs Entertainment Weekly is Loving?
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2015, 06:58:29 PM »
Hopefully this doesn't offend anyone, but I feel the same way about metal as I feel about rap...I know a bunch of the folks in Europe seem to like metal, but I don't get it.  I still like a melody and chord changes.

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2015, 09:46:11 PM »
No problem.  Your comments are moderate compared to some that I have made about rap.

That's all right with me as long as you don't dis my man Kanye.  :mrgreen:  He's a genius, he said so himself. And he's married to one of the Kuntrashians. He must be great.  :puke:

westen44

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2015, 04:14:36 AM »
No problem.  Your comments are moderate compared to some that I have made about rap.

I don't like it, either.  However, I came to the conclusion years ago it's pointless to get into any discussions with people who do like it. 
It's not those who write the laws that have the greatest impact on society.  It's those who write the songs.

--Blaise Pascal

rahock

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2015, 04:59:53 AM »
That's all right with me as long as you don't dis my man Kanye.  :mrgreen:  He's a genius, he said so himself. And he's married to one of the Kuntrashians. He must be great.  :puke:

Yeah, I can't add too much to that comment. Now that he's doing Mc Cartney  tunes Sir Paul just might have a career in the music biz ;D.
Rick

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2015, 11:51:52 AM »

I hope they never allow him in the room again at the Grammy awards. He's a loser. I think McCartney is being extremely tolerant in showing up on the same stage.
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Dave W

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2015, 03:32:38 PM »
I hope they never allow him in the room again at the Grammy awards. He's a loser. I think McCartney is being extremely tolerant in showing up on the same stage.

I think Sir Paul is damaging his own reputation by appearing on stage with that narcissistic no-talent hack.

Kanye probably is upset at getting less publicity lately than his stepfather-in-law who is apparently transitioning into his stepmother-in-law.

westen44

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2015, 03:55:41 PM »
I think Sir Paul is damaging his own reputation by appearing on stage with that narcissistic no-talent hack.

Kanye probably is upset at getting less publicity lately than his stepfather-in-law who is apparently transitioning into his stepmother-in-law.

I have the utmost respect for Paul McCartney.  He is the reason I even wanted to start playing bass in the first place.  But he already damaged his reputation when he collaborated with Michael Jackson.  Seriously, those songs weren't exactly Beatles-level compositions.  That's about as mildly as I can put it. 
It's not those who write the laws that have the greatest impact on society.  It's those who write the songs.

--Blaise Pascal

gearHed289

• View Profile
    • Book of faces...
« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2015, 09:43:07 AM »

Indeed. I suspect he doesn't realize what a complete douche bag West is, and that he's adding legitimacy to this self congratulatory f*** face. And has anyone else noticed the d-bag's targets so far have been a young girl, and a skinny little non-threatening dude? I would have knocked those horse teeth right out of his mouth.

Dave W

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2015, 03:26:22 PM »
Indeed. I suspect he doesn't realize what a complete douche bag West is, and that he's adding legitimacy to this self congratulatory f*** face. And has anyone else noticed the d-bag's targets so far have been a young girl, and a skinny little non-threatening dude? I would have knocked those horse teeth right out of his mouth.

Just don't hit him low, you might damage his ovaries.

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
« Reply #39 on: February 11, 2015, 03:52:58 PM »
I suspect that McCartney knows exactly what he's doing at every step in the music business.  Each decade seems to see him collaborating with someone that's still fresh in the market.  McCartney just grows his fan base by the generations, rather than milk those that got him started and established.  I also think McCartney knows what the people are like that he works with.  He's been in the business long enough....hey, he had to endure Yoko and John.
Telling tales of drunkenness and cruelty

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2015, 04:37:31 PM »
Paul's choice of people who surround him has never been, errrm, impeggable

if you know what I mean! I think he revels in being popular, still current and generally liked and adulated, but deep inside he doesn't really relate to people too much. He loves his (and a lot of other) music. That's not knocking him, it's just the way he is.
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

westen44

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2015, 05:23:42 AM »
This song by Paul written when he was 16 or so has more depth than most songs you're going to find written by even the most seasoned songwriters. 

--Blaise Pascal

lowend1

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2015, 04:54:49 PM »
How seriously can one take list that doesn't have any Foghat songs on it?
If you can't be an athlete, be an athletic supporter

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2015, 01:26:56 PM »
Not serious at all. "Sloooooooooooow riiiiiiide, take it eaaaaasyyyyy!!!" Nuff said, true romance was never put better in five words.
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...