Author Topic: Geddy Lee and his Thunderbird  (Read 24082 times)

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
Re: Geddy Lee and his Thunderbird
« Reply #45 on: January 23, 2015, 09:30:17 AM »
  I have already contacted a good friend of mine who knows Geddy quite well.  ;D A badbird is being sent to Geddy next week.  :mrgreen:

No joke?!!! That's great, congrats!!! Scott has molded a new reality, closer to the heart (of proper intonation).  :mrgreen:
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

gearHed289

• View Profile
    • Book of faces...
« Reply #46 on: January 23, 2015, 10:11:16 AM »
Just got my tickets for Rush in Chicago, June 12! As the press release says, this may be "the last tour of this magnitude". Really, how long can Neil keep playing like that? And when you're Rush, you GOTTA play it like the record!

Granny Gremlin

• View Profile
    • Granny Gremlin home page
« Reply #47 on: January 23, 2015, 10:18:52 AM »
  I have already contacted a good friend of mine who knows Geddy quite well.  ;D A badbird is being sent to Geddy next week.  :mrgreen:

Nice one, bud
Robert Plant and Jimmy Page (drummer and bassist of Deep Purple, Jake!)

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #48 on: January 23, 2015, 10:28:31 AM »
  It's funny I'm even one degree of separation from McCartney,  I have a friend that knows him quite well.
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

4stringer77

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 23, 2015, 01:09:43 PM »
Regarding ZZtop, El Loco has become my personal favorite. Hasn't Cheap Trick been around as long as Rush?* Happy Birthday Robin Zander btw. Gary Cooper was a great one too. I much prefer his role and the movie of Sergeant York compared to the Sniper movie America is being fed today.
*I forgot Cheap Trick isn't a trio. My bad. Must be because Tom's always in the background.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 02:49:51 PM by 4stringer77 »
Contrary to what James Bond says, a good Gibson should be stirred, not shaken.

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 23, 2015, 05:22:14 PM »
Not a trio and definitely not continuously playing, but The Sonics are back with a new album and tour. The new soundcloud track in that article sounds just the same as if it were recorded in the early 60s.

Yeah, I'm old. Deal with it.

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 23, 2015, 05:27:36 PM »
Yes, that's the one that used to be a P-Bass...

It's a blue P, or was... used it over here for encores in '77...

I er... also have Anthem, as well as the other two... Who Is Uwe Hornung...?

George... must admit a slight envy over your admission to having those two 1st ed's...

My favourite 1st edition is Dune (book club copy, but same artwork and same year - much cheaper though) ... I have a signed 1st ed of 2010 (Clarke) and a 1st in the Dune series signed by Herbert... several signed by Bob Sheckley... lost of other 1st ed sci-fi stuff...
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

Psycho Bass Guy

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 23, 2015, 05:51:58 PM »
George is correct - Patricia Neal was only in the pilot

Patricia Neal lived here in Knoxville for a large portion of her life and her battle with stroke led to the founding of the Patricia Neal Rehabilitation Center.

Really, how long can Neil keep playing like that? And when you're Rush, you GOTTA play it like the record!

My friend (also a bass player BTW) is a tour bus driver who was driven Rush many times and is good friends with all of them. He told me that after Neil's family was killed in the car crash, he took up cycling, both for physical and mental reasons. He said that on every tour stop where the terrain was permitting, they'd stop the bus 100 miles out and Neil would ride his bike into the city in order to keep his strength and stamina and that because of that discipline, his playing has improved in his later years. Watching them be inducted in the RRHOH a couple years ago, he was still amazing, and I'm only a casual Rush fan who prefers their more modern output.

Lightyear

• Hey! You damn kids get off my *@%*~&# lawn!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 23, 2015, 08:43:33 PM »
I'm a rush fan from way back when - I'm fairly certain I wore out at least one, if not two copies, of 2112.  From all evidence the three guys in Rush seem to be decent, kind people that are genuinely fond of their band mates.

Denis

• Harvester of Appendixes
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 24, 2015, 12:09:38 PM »
Hmm who else is even a contender?

For longevity, the only one that leaps to mind is  ZZ Top ... they've been going since 1969 and it's been the same three guys all along!

Golden Earring has been around since 1961 with George Kooymans and Rinus Gerritsen. They've had the current lineup since 1970. Almost as long as ZZ Top!
Why did Salvador Dali cross the road?
Clocks.

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #55 on: February 14, 2015, 09:02:53 AM »
  Well before I could get a Badbird to my buddy Geddy's guitar tech got a hold of me! A Badbird is winging it's way to the province of Ontario as we speak. :)
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #56 on: February 14, 2015, 11:27:10 AM »

Very cool Scott!

Geddy needs to take that 'Bird out on the current tour.........All the 7ender fanbois would shit themselves.

Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

Denis

• Harvester of Appendixes
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 14, 2015, 11:53:59 AM »
Very cool, Scott!
Why did Salvador Dali cross the road?
Clocks.

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 14, 2015, 05:29:22 PM »
Somebody sign him up and show him there's more to life than baseball and 7enders... :mrgreen:

(nice to see a contact for an "original" and not an imitation... an endorsement would be a nice tribute... ;))
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 14, 2015, 05:54:06 PM »
Somebody sign him up and show him there's more to life than baseball and 7enders... :mrgreen:

Like hockey and Rickenbackers?  :P