Author Topic: Norman Watt-Roy  (Read 716 times)

wellREDman

• View Profile
Norman Watt-Roy
« on: November 15, 2014, 05:47:03 PM »
I crewed for the Blockheads this evening,
 was amazing to see Norman do his thing up close and personal

Happy Face

• View Profile
Re: Norman Watt-Roy
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2014, 02:37:03 PM »
Wow! I had no clue they were still out there without Ian Drury. I'll have to do some web searching about it.

That said, how cool you cd watch Norman st work. He is so fun to watch. And to learn from.

Thanks fir the post.

Bipslapper

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2014, 04:53:24 AM »
That is cool news. I didn't know he was still playing either.

Stjofön Big

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2014, 05:19:49 AM »
Here's our man, with Wilko Johnson, the English guitarist, Man and, Myth. Bass sound is kinda blurry, to speak safe, but Watt-Roy's playing is - as always - interesting and breathtaking!

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2014, 12:40:42 PM »
Nice... very nice...

NWR is a classy player, to say the least...

Half Moon's a nice gig too... seen some rather good acts there over the years... my dad was based just down the road from there when he was Met Police... biggest line-up I saw there (musician-wise, definitely Hillman, Leadon and Parsons, and I think it was also this bass player) was this lot back in the 80's... bluegrass set... packed to the rafters...

The Who and the Stones played there back in the 60's so it has some pedigree... just the fact that it still host live music is something though...

Forgot to add... Wilko's here on God's Good Grace, having announced over a year ago that he has a terminal condition... occasionally gets up and plays a set at a local pub but he's not going to be with us much longer...
« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 02:20:50 PM by Highlander »
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...