Author Topic: Mesa 400+  (Read 4637 times)

drbassman

• Gone but not forgotten
    • View Profile
Re: Mesa 400+
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2014, 06:18:21 AM »
Good. I know you've been searching for quite a while. Sometimes it just takes patience to find what clicks for you.

OTOH, you don't need an excuse to buy more gear.  :)

Yeah, it's kind of goofy I ended up right back at the Scout amp, but that's what it takes when you have something in your head and you can't actually compare all of these options side by side.  It apparent that Mesa does have some idea what they are doing when they design these things.  The Scout amp and those passive radiating cabs are just super together.

I have to say, buying more gear is still an option.   ;D  I'd like a vintage 15" Ampeg flip top cab for my B-15 amp.  So, I'm on the lookout for that!  And, a big brother to the Scout is one of the M-Pulse 360 or 600 amps.  Might have to have one of those for the collection since they are discontinued.
I'm fixin' a hole where the rain gets in..........cuz I'm built for a kilt!

Aussie Mark

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2014, 03:23:19 PM »
I'd like a vintage 15" Ampeg flip top cab for my B-15 amp.  So, I'm on the lookout for that! 

fliptops.net sell repro cabs.  I own one of their B-15E repro cabs, fitted with a Eminence Legend - it's a mightly little thing.
Cheers
Mark
http://rollingstoned.com.au - The Australian Rolling Stones Show
http://thevolts.com.au - The Volts
http://doorsalive.com.au - Doors Alive

drbassman

• Gone but not forgotten
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2014, 07:23:21 PM »
fliptops.net sell repro cabs.  I own one of their B-15E repro cabs, fitted with a Eminence Legend - it's a mightly little thing.

Yeah they are just down the road in buffalo.  I've bought parts for my B-12 cab from them.  They have great stuff!  My cheapo Ampeg PF115 is a hell of a cab for the money.  Great tone and super clean sound at high volume.   I just have a hankering for an original to go with the amp.

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2014, 05:01:11 PM »
Agreed. Pass the Kool Aid please :mrgreen:
Rick

We'll get him sooner or later.  I think he's getting curious.

Woo hoo hoo, wah ha ha......
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

drbassman

• Gone but not forgotten
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2014, 06:17:00 PM »
We'll get him sooner or later.  I think he's getting curious.

Woo hoo hoo, wah ha ha......

Based on features they are probably somewhat similar to the M Pulses line.  You never know.......  :)
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 03:59:41 AM by drbassman »