Author Topic: The new James Brown flick is fun  (Read 534 times)

eb2

• View Profile
The new James Brown flick is fun
« on: August 02, 2014, 08:12:28 PM »
I saw it, and I like it. It's an interesting flick, with some 4th wall breaking and creative dramatization here and there.  Also has an odd but entertaing time line dashing back and forth.  But the first 5 minutes are funny as hell and they do a nice job with getting the right basses on there. There is a nice EB-1 where it should be too.  Anyone else see it?  I dug it.
Model One and Schallers?  Ish.

4stringer77

• View Profile
Re: The new James Brown flick is fun
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2014, 03:25:47 PM »
There's an EB1 in there? Well now I have to check it out. Can the Dude playing James pull off the scream?
Contrary to what James Bond says, a good Gibson should be stirred, not shaken.

eb2

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2014, 06:38:36 PM »
Well, they dub 99% of the vocals, so it's very convincing. He does do the JB mumble/babble hardcore so it works. The dancing is solid.  The EB is with the Little Richard scene. The other basses and amps are accurate enough. There's 50s Pbasses and the Bootsy guy plays a late 60s style Jazz. The Vox garbage that he got paid to use is well represented. It looked right but I don't really know.  The Boston Garden gig had a white guy on bass but I don't remember that having seen that.  Good stuff.
Model One and Schallers?  Ish.

westen44

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2014, 06:44:34 PM »
I don't know anything about it, but I did briefly catch a review on TV which said the acting was extremely good. 
It's not those who write the laws that have the greatest impact on society.  It's those who write the songs.

--Blaise Pascal