Author Topic: NBD '83 Hamer Blitz  (Read 2958 times)

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
Re: NBD '83 Hamer Blitz
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2014, 04:32:52 AM »
Carlo you got a Blitz from  Baz? I think I missed this transaction.
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

dadagoboi

• huh?...HUH?
    • View Profile
    • CATALDO BASSES
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2014, 07:55:08 AM »
You could almost live in the Hamer case it's huge. :o
The Dean case is even larger.  5 inches longer than it needed to be for my Epi or EBirds.

gearHed289

• View Profile
    • Book of faces...
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2014, 07:59:46 AM »
I REALLY like my basses to have their own case (same with straps, every bass has it's own strap........and they are all the same. Sigh............ I'm pathetic)

You're hilarious! I'm close to the same. I have one case that fits my Les Paul, and alumi-Kramer. It's a Pedulla MVP case. I don't mind sharing cause the fretless Kramer rarely leaves the house. I got my FenderBird to fit in a Guild Pilot case with some slight mods (it's good to work at a case shop!). Then a friend who owns a music store gave me another Pilot case that had been sitting around. Scored a genuine Fender orange lined case for my Geddy Lee in a Spector deal... And back to Hamers, I also modded the interior of my B12S case. It was terrible from the factory which no real form fitting to speak of. An instrument should not move around inside its case!

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2014, 08:16:32 AM »
Hmmmm looks like I may have to buy a Epi Explorer just for the case, then sell of the bass.
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2014, 09:04:14 AM »
You could almost live in the Hamer case it's huge. :o

Are we talking Ark type dimensions...?

Hmmmm looks like I may have to buy a Epi Explorer just for the case, then sell of the bass.

... but if you make the mistake of playing the beastie... ;D

That Hamer... is it me or is that a shortie...?
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2014, 09:43:05 AM »
It's a 34"

dadagoboi

• huh?...HUH?
    • View Profile
    • CATALDO BASSES
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2014, 11:08:02 AM »
Carlo you got a Blitz from  Baz? I think I missed this transaction.

Yeah, he had it on EBay and I BINned it last week as soon as I saw it.  He bought it because it had a Hamer TBird case he needed.  I don't know where he found the Blitz case it came in but it looks similar to the one in that listing today. 3 latches but no logo.

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2014, 01:20:42 PM »
 Oh yeah! Now I remember!

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2014, 05:57:41 AM »
So that is your "baby band" you were so concerned about the age difference and they go and cover that icon of non-corporate, non-AOR, currently relevant indie crossover cutting edge music, errrm, Styx?  :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I believe you fit in just fine (and the cover is nice) - and you can always impress them with "I saw Styx when they were still the original line-up".

I want to see you do "Babe" with them too, Scott!
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2014, 07:28:52 AM »
  They have a pretty varied set list on minute we are playing Styx the next Dio or Sabbath then Bon Jovi! It's fun I like it, never cared for Styx but it's fun to play and the crowd loves it

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2014, 06:53:13 AM »
I have no issues with Styx at all - not even with Babe. Renegade is actually a good song and that acapella start memorable, they always retained a slight Prog touch, even in their pop stuff. The band was quite varied with all the different songwriters it had, and while Dennis de Young hardly had a rock voice, you recognized him immediately when you heard him. There was a time in the late seventies when they were the No 1 selling band in the US, taking that cup away from Kiss (and a lot of Kiss' output sounds ancient today in comparison to Styx songs from the same time).

Styx, Dio, Sabbath or the New Joisians: In essence, it's all riff-oriented hard rock in the good old-fashioned sense. And while I write this and I have my office stereo on random, Loverboy erupts with When It's Over ...  :mrgreen:
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2014, 07:18:41 AM »
I have no issues with Styx at all - not even with Babe. Renegade is actually a good song and that acapella start memorable, they always retained a slight Prog touch, even in their pop stuff. The band was quite varied with all the different songwriters it had, and while Dennis de Young hardly had a rock voice, you recognized him immediately when you heard him. There was a time in the late seventies when they were the No 1 selling band in the US, taking that cup away from Kiss (and a lot of Kiss' output sounds ancient today in comparison to Styx songs from the same time).

Styx, Dio, Sabbath or the New Joisians: In essence, it's all riff-oriented hard rock in the good old-fashioned sense. And while I write this and I have my office stereo on random, Loverboy erupts with When It's Over ...  :mrgreen:

By the time they were the top selling band, they had played themselves to death in Chicago.  I don't think they ever played the hometown in their peak.  When they were coming up, they even played my high school's homecoming dance one year.

I like a lot of the earlier stuff from Styx, and I had the pleasure of jamming with Tommy Shaw at a club in Niles, MI when they were big.  He was a nice guy, came up for a 30 min. improv (and I didn't have the cassette running that night), and spent some time talking to us.  He has a farm in Niles, right down the road from Jackson, where Ted had his place.  Our guitarist ended up stealing Tommy's shirt, which he left hanging on a chair at the club.

Give me "Suite Madame Blue" "Lorelei" or "Miss America" any day.
Telling tales of drunkenness and cruelty

maxschrek

• I'm getting closer, my Salamander.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2014, 09:06:08 AM »
Scott, if you're still looking....might wanna get the interior length before bidding, though, as those Gibby's were 32" scale.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gibson-1984-Black-Tolex-Explorer-Bass-Hardshell-Case-/351112971460?pt=Guitar_Accessories&hash=item51bff6c4c4

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2014, 03:58:00 PM »
Yeah I know the gibbys are 32". A not fit for sure.