Author Topic: TSA steals a bow  (Read 487 times)

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
TSA steals a bow
« on: June 27, 2014, 02:24:05 PM »
Christian McBride’s Bow Stolen By TSA

I was also unaware that TSA nearly destroyed John Pattitucci's upright a couple of weeks ago.

I'm posting this so anyone traveling will be aware of what can happen. This should make all of us angry. But let's stay clear of partisan political comments here, remember that TSA is part of DHS which was passed by a bipartisan Congress.

westen44

• View Profile
Re: TSA steals a bow
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2014, 02:53:22 PM »
I can assure you that if this were posted on a typical comments section under an article, you'd find people saying to just travel in the U.S. and drive.  Then you won't face problems like these.  I've seen comments like this so much that I usually avoid even reading about such topics anymore.  The stupidity level is off the scale.  If you're a musician, for instance, playing in France, it's a little hard to get to that gig by driving your car in the U.S., or taking a train, bus, taxi, or whatever.  There seem to be plenty of people out there who think this way--that you shouldn't even bother flying at all and definitely should never even think of traveling outside the the U.S.  Maybe they're just homebodies.  I just don't get it. 
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 03:04:08 PM by westen44 »
It's not those who write the laws that have the greatest impact on society.  It's those who write the songs.

--Blaise Pascal

patman

• View Profile
Re: TSA steals a bow
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2014, 03:40:30 PM »
Unbelievable...a professional upright can cost a fortune.