Author Topic: Dave... Gwyneth... it's on...!  (Read 1170 times)

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
Re: Dave... Gwyneth... it's on...!
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2014, 03:00:19 AM »
A true ray of hope for the Minnesotan, she's obviously a regrettin'!

But, alas!, also the source of yet more Coldplay ballads. There is no free lunch (or escape from Coldplay ballads).

If you ask me as an avid society mags reader: That marriage hadn't been looking good for a while. No surprises there.
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2014, 07:07:16 AM »
No thanks.

I heard it on the news this morning. What kind of vain, stupid weirdos would announce their divorce by saying that they're "consciously uncoupling"? Too bad, because brainless twits like them deserve each other.

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2014, 08:12:44 AM »
He's obviously still very much hurt by the whole affair, Ken.

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2014, 08:26:46 AM »
No thanks.

I heard it on the news this morning. What kind of vain, stupid weirdos would announce their divorce by saying that they're "consciously uncoupling"? Too bad, because brainless twits like them deserve each other.

"Consciously uncoupling" sounds a bit inadvertently - to quote another blonde - uhum, physical ...

to me. It's like Chris - "I don't really like this anymore ..." - proceeding to get off her. Not a smart choice of words.

TBird1958

• "you know the rule, No boots,No glam!"
    • View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2014, 10:05:05 AM »

I need to keep a screwdriver handy..........To jab into my forehead repeatly...........Ahhhhh, so much better now  :rolleyes:
Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2014, 10:13:18 AM »
Isn't "uncoupling" what model trainsters do all the time with glee?

« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 10:24:50 AM by uwe »

TBird1958

• View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2014, 12:15:25 PM »
Isn't "uncoupling" what model trainsters do all the time with glee?

Me? Yes. But model train folk tend towards being a rather dry, humorless bunch. Up until about two months ago I hadn't bothered with even really looking at any model railroad forums, I have joined one, and really enjoy what some of the members post as very skilled modellers -  But the humor aspect is not so good. You guys are fun are wqay more fun to hang out with :)

Resident T Bird playing Drag Queen www.thenastyhabits.com  "Impülsivê", the new lush fragrance as worn by the unbelievable Fräulein Rômmélle! Traces of black patent leather, Panzer grease, mahogany and model train oil mingle and combust to one sheer sensation ...

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2014, 12:47:40 PM »
"I have joined one, and really enjoy what some of the members post as very skilled modellers -  But the humor aspect is not so good."

Shall we come over for an impromptu visit, ja?! You're not ashamed of us, are you Marc?

66Atlas

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2014, 02:18:09 PM »
Cant stand glee...I'll take her with Huey

TBird1958

• View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2014, 03:18:42 PM »
"I have joined one, and really enjoy what some of the members post as very skilled modellers -  But the humor aspect is not so good."

Shall we come over for an impromptu visit, ja?! You're not ashamed of us, are you Marc?

Sincerely not ashamed that I know any of you guys - tops in my book! 

I doubt most of you would find it all that interesting to visit, they know nothing of my bassplaying/drag queenie ways over there, fwiw I'd rather they didn't.
http://atlasrescueforum.proboards.com/board/6/ho-scale-model-railroad-forum

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2014, 05:09:43 PM »
He's obviously still very much hurt by the whole affair, Ken.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGvKfC4FgIo&feature=kp

Mark... I like the idea of a "Ho Scale Model..." (Wood you like to see the length of my... track...?) :mrgreen:
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2014, 09:07:15 AM »

Sincerely not ashamed that I know any of you guys - tops in my book! 

I doubt most of you would find it all that interesting to visit, they know nothing of my bassplaying/drag queenie ways over there, fwiw I'd rather they didn't.
http://atlasrescueforum.proboards.com/board/6/ho-scale-model-railroad-forum

I was joking. And of course we wouldn't. Straightness is everything to a model railroader! Rect ... spells out as, ... um, ... angular!!!

Moving away from such slippery slopes or in fact even closer to them: Edith innocently asks whether mud slides are a common thing in and around Seattle? She has also - you know how the more gentle gender is - already taken the opportunity to softly reproachmind me: "The West Coast was your idea. I haven't even seen all of New England ...".  :mrgreen:
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 09:22:36 AM by uwe »

TBird1958

• View Profile
    • www.thenastyhabits.com
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2014, 09:33:40 AM »

Mudslides the size of the one at Oso, Wa. are not common, that area got A LOT of rain, (even by Washington standards)  almost a foot, this March. It is unstable ground and that had been noted in surveys done more than a decade ago, I certainly wouldn't have chosen to live there if for no other reason than it's proximity to the river, which are prone to seasonal flooding. During the Winter and Spring rain is common and small local mudslides happen frequently even within Seattle as it's built on rather hilly ground. The railroad that travels north along Puget Sound between Seattle and Everett is used in part for Commute service, during the rainy season there are often days of no service due to slides wiping out the track.......
 Since you're planning to be here in late Summer/early Fall I'd say you're safe from these events, the West (best) Coast is well worth the trip just for the scenery - You may find find that Clifford Chance needs to open a Seattle branch office after you visit ;)