Author Topic: Quotes Being Deleted  (Read 2203 times)

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
Re: Quotes Being Deleted
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2014, 09:18:54 AM »
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

westen44

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2014, 09:25:51 AM »
After talking to a friend, I think I figured out that I might have got caught in the crossfire of something going on that I nothing to do with on that forum.  I'm pretty sure of this now.  Nevertheless, I'd prefer to just move on now. 
It's not those who write the laws that have the greatest impact on society.  It's those who write the songs.

--Blaise Pascal

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2014, 09:27:05 AM »
The weather is so much nicer here, anyway!     :-*
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

copacetic

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2014, 01:07:00 PM »
Pilgrim if you don't mind pm ing me too( just to confirm) as some issues might be the same. thanks

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2014, 07:41:51 PM »
Pilgrim, gweimer and I were talking about the FDP. Not a bass-specific forum. No need to hammer on it, anyone who remembers it from years ago knows what's happened there over the years.

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2014, 05:19:37 AM »
Dave does censor all the postings here on a nightly basis for claims that finish might have something - just a little! - to do with sound. That is why you never find it here. Along with posts about Apple's mom or Che pictures posted on refrigerator doors.
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

Dave W

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2014, 03:04:16 PM »
Dave does censor all the postings here on a nightly basis for claims that finish might have something - just a little! - to do with sound. That is why you never find it here. Along with posts about Apple's mom or Che pictures posted on refrigerator doors.

LOL! I've never lost sleep wondering whatever happened to Bonnie of Che on the refrigerator door fame. Maybe she formed a local chapter of Baader-Meinhof.

Your reference to Mott in the Kiss thread did remind me of a deleted post. Remember the poor guy with the pathetic T-bird that allegedly had belonged to Overend Watts? Blazer found and posted a pic of it. It may have been legit though the guy had no provenance, and it definitely wasn't his white bass. It was severely abused, IIRC you called it a "leperbass." We all voiced our opinions pro and con. A year later, the owner of the bass finds the thread, dredges it up and proceeds to attack the opinions of anyone who didn't think it was wonderful. I deleted his post and locked the thread. People are entitled to their opinions.

The bass had its own MySpace page ( ???) and the guy then proceeded to write a long rant against me on it. I was amused. Shame, he seems to have taken it down now.

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2014, 04:31:46 PM »
Err... this one...?

... and he let me keep a souvenir... :vader:

... and he did sell me the Demetriou... yes, it's still not finished...  :rolleyes:

He also had a really nice Pre SG shaped EB0 with a black MB...

Ok... enlighten me... Bonnie of Che...?
The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...

Dave W

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2014, 10:23:36 PM »
Yep, that's the one. Poor pathetic thing (the bass, not you). I forgot that he's the same guy who sold you the Demetriou.

The Bonnie story: when I was 22, a co-worker set me up with a girl who she said was just perfect for me. She turned out to be 27 y.o. radical leftist with a big drawing of Che on her refrigerator. She had taught her 10 y.o. daughter to always refer to police as fascist pigs. I took her out to a popular dance spot where she griped because she wanted to dance to "acid rock."  The story amused Uwe.

Why he thinks I have a thing for airhead Gwyneth Paltrow is beyond me.

Barklessdog

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2014, 05:45:09 AM »
Funny you say it enough and you start to believe it, the pepper pots thing.

My house!

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2014, 09:30:17 AM »

The Bonnie story: when I was 22, a co-worker set me up with a girl who she said was just perfect for me. She turned out to be 27 y.o. radical leftist with a big drawing of Che on her refrigerator. She had taught her 10 y.o. daughter to always refer to police as fascist pigs. I took her out to a popular dance spot where she griped because she wanted to dance to "acid rock."  The story amused Uwe.

Comrade Dave just didn't want to be liberated from oppression. The working class can be listless, you know.
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2014, 10:30:23 AM »
At 22, all you want to liberated from is your jeans.  ;D  ;)

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2014, 10:44:51 AM »
There is no age limit for liberation.
Telling tales of drunkenness and cruelty

westen44

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2014, 01:00:58 PM »
The weather is so much nicer here, anyway!     :-*

That's a good way to look at it. 
It's not those who write the laws that have the greatest impact on society.  It's those who write the songs.

--Blaise Pascal

Highlander

• There Ken be only one...
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2014, 01:28:17 PM »
... Poor pathetic thing (the bass, not you)...

Guilty as charged, some days... :mrgreen:

... and as for Miss Potts... we all have our guilty secrets... ;)

The random mind of a Silver Surfer...
If research was easy, it wouldn't need doing...
Staring at that event horizon is a dirty job, but someone has to do it; something's going to come back out of it one day...