Author Topic: Green JCS  (Read 3779 times)

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
Re: Green JCS
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2008, 08:02:14 AM »
The Golden Boy from Frankfurt am Main is back. And he likes a golden bass refinished green.

But your right. It's something else.

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2008, 11:06:00 AM »
P.S. Are your family of the Golden Boy?

http://www.profootballhof.com/hof/member.jsp?player_id=99

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2008, 11:19:52 AM »
Interesting how that Pro Football HOF article fails to mention the Paul Hornung/Alex Karras gambling scandal. Almost forgotten today but big news at the time.

Chris P.

• Warwickhoer
    • View Profile
    • The La La Lies
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2008, 12:20:16 PM »
of course a gambling scandal would be bad for Uwe's professional reputation, so I guess he did something to get it out of the news;)

MARICOPAA

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2008, 12:12:21 AM »
This may work and it may not...for those of you tired of scrolling page after page of foreign text ;-))

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=nl&u=http://www.basgitaarforum.nl/&sa=X&oi=translate&resnum=1&ct=result&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dhttp://www.basgitaarforum.nl/%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DG

You might have to go to the third page of general threads...find JCS Project...and click away ;-)))

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2008, 01:44:34 AM »
"The Golden Boy" was busy and away. Paul Hornung ... older American clients sometimes raise that name, he was a baseball player or something?

Uwe
We've taken too much for granted ... and all the time it had grown ...
From techno seeds we first planted ... evolved a mind of its own ...

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2008, 05:55:33 AM »
"The Golden Boy" was busy and away. Paul Hornung ... older American clients sometimes raise that name, he was a baseball player or something?

Uwe

Baseball player? I'll bet you know exactly who he is.  :P

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2008, 06:54:46 AM »
Oh well, that other weird US team sport then. The one without visible stragegy and for people with short attention spans where everyone is dressed up like a Star Wars Stormtrooper.  :mrgreen:

My career as a a footballer at the American school in Kinshasa was fleeting: I played flag football, found it entertaining enough (though softball wasn't bad either, I just hated Basketball because that showed up my coordination limits quickly, to this day I can't really dribble - unless its saliva - and walk, much less run).

MARICOPAA

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2008, 12:01:38 AM »
I was born in Madison Wisconsin and a true green & gold fan during the Lombardi years as well as during the betting debacle with Hornung and Karas in 1963. To his credit he (Hornung) owned up right away but still crushed dozens of us young lads who looked up to him way back then ;-) Hornung...isn't that a German name? Hmmmm.

Hornung was also the center of athletes vs taxes with his Corvette. 1962 Corvette was awarded to Hornung for being named outstanding player in the 1961 Championship Game. He didn't include the prize on either 61 or 62 tax returns and because of that incident it became impossible for athletes to exclude awards from gross income on their returns. There goes Paul again causing trouble!

Ah Bart Starr, Jim Taylor, Ray Nitschke, Herb Adderly and Jerry Kramer...and of course Vince Lombardi...great teamll!

So somebody create the "Green & Gold Packer JCS Bass. A new collectors market...basses dressed in your favorite team colors/logos.

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2008, 03:41:15 AM »
"Hornung" is German alright, south German actually. Not a hugely prevalent name in Germany (I've also heard it in Switzerland). It is derived from the old Germanic name of the month in the then Germanic calendar that corresponded with February.

It is never as much an issue in pronounciation for English speakers as my first name!

"You-vee"

ramone57

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2008, 04:18:30 AM »
most of the NHL game announcers pronounced Uwe Krupp's name 'you-we'.  :P  at least they got his last name right.   during an interview, I once heard him say that it didn't bother him and he got tired of correcting them.

uwe

• Administrator
  • Enabler ...
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2008, 07:07:27 AM »
It doesn't bother me either, it is an ungainly pronounciation for English speakers, the closest would  probably be "ooh-vuh". "you-vee", "you-vay", "you-vuh" and "ooh-wee" are all fine though!