Author Topic: Happy Thanksgiving!  (Read 2705 times)

westen44

• View Profile
Re: Happy Thanksgiving!
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2013, 10:01:55 AM »
Happy Thanksgiving.  Prayers for Auburn to beat #1 Alabama Saturday would also be appreciated.  Miracles for Auburn can happen as attested by this play against Georgia.

It's not those who write the laws that have the greatest impact on society.  It's those who write the songs.

--Blaise Pascal

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2013, 10:18:55 AM »
I will be hoping for the continued tradition.  Go Packers!   :mrgreen:

I and my daughter Liz agree!
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2013, 10:53:48 AM »
Thanks for the comments, Dakota is a real sweetheart. She's petite for a Norwegian Elkhound and she has the energy of a 2 year old, so it's hard to believe she'll be 7 in February. The national elkhound rescue organization puts out a calendar every year for fundraising purposes, and Dakota was selected to be the September photo.

chromium

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2013, 10:58:47 AM »
Happy Thanksgiving to you and your families, K9s and felines alike...

Have a great day!

godofthunder

• Keep On Rock'n !
    • View Profile
    • Johnny Smoke
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2013, 11:36:19 AM »
A Happy Thanksgiving to all!
Maker of the Badbird Bridge, "intonation without modification" for your vintage Gibson Thunderbird

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2013, 01:13:57 PM »
As promised, today's smoker shot....

And the turkey within...

Happy Thanksgiving!
"A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any other invention with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila."

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2013, 01:26:28 PM »
Yum!
Telling tales of drunkenness and cruelty

OldManC

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2013, 01:43:10 PM »
Happy Thanksgiving to Dakota and the rest of you lot as well!

Lightyear

• Hey! You damn kids get off my *@%*~&# lawn!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2013, 05:49:27 PM »
As promised, today's smoker shot....

And the turkey within...

Happy Thanksgiving!

Thanks Pilgrim!

Once my daughter finishes grad school a nice smoker is on my list of things to buy when I have a little more to spend.  One semester plus one class and she is done!

rahock

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2013, 05:35:38 AM »
Ah, the Lions. Only in Detroit can you make so many mistakes and still win big ;D. God must be confused today :-[.
Rick

Dave W

• Administrator
  • Got time to breathe, got time for music
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2013, 10:00:40 AM »
Ah, the Lions. Only in Detroit can you make so many mistakes and still win big ;D. God must be confused today :-[.
Rick

To be fair, most of their mistakes were early on. They recovered from those disasters nicely.

Taking nothing away from the Lions, the Packers' defense is just awful. But even if the Lions make the playoffs, they won't go far unless they can minimize those turnovers.

gweimer

• View Profile
    • My BandMix Site
« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2013, 10:41:55 AM »
To be fair, most of their mistakes were early on. They recovered from those disasters nicely.

Taking nothing away from the Lions, the Packers' defense is just awful. But even if the Lions make the playoffs, they won't go far unless they can minimize those turnovers.

That was basically what Terry Bradshaw said after the game.  He said he can't take a team that turns the ball over so readily as a serious Super Bowl contender.

I had to laugh at one point.  The commentators were talking about how bad the Packer's defense was, and how they were poor at getting turnovers.  It was during the play where the Packer's took the ball from Detroit and turned it into a touchdown.  Two more turnovers came not long after.
Telling tales of drunkenness and cruelty

Pilgrim

• View Profile
    • YouTube channel
« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2013, 11:38:13 AM »
I love watching the Packers, but they've had exactly the injuries they can't tolerate.  They're a bottom-third NFL team right now, and I don't see a chance of their making the playoffs.  Even with Rodgers back i don't think they have the defensive or offensive talent on the field to make the playoffs.

rahock

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2013, 02:01:05 PM »

You've got to look at this from a Detroiter perspective, playing anything above 500 ball, for the Lions is like winning the Super Bowl ;D. We've only done it a couple of times in over 50 years :o.
Rick

slinkp

• View Profile
    • slinkp home page
« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2013, 02:31:04 PM »
Happy Thanksgiving all.  I'm thankful for my family, especially my amazing daughter, and for mostly good health (goodbye bronchitis).

And, why not, I'm thankful that I still get to play music once in a while with some great musicians, and to have some gear that's fun to play on.
Basses: Gibson lpb-1, Gibson dc jr tribute, Greco thunderbird, Danelectro dc, Ibanez blazer.  Amps: genz benz shuttle 6.0, EA CXL110, EA CXL112, Spark 40.  Guitars: Danelectro 59XT, rebuilt cheap LP copy